Why is everyone giving up on CJ2k?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by damersbrah, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I think it's pretty safe to say that the majority of fans on here are hoping for this...with each week passing it looks less and less promising that he will snap out of it.

He did have a decent game @ Cleveland...reach 100 yards, but still had his struggles...Pitt he started off with a great run that had me think maybe he was getting back to his old ways, but it started and ended with that first run..

I'd like CJ to rip off a 50+ dash to the end zone and get 120 yards on 17 carries, but I don't think it will happen this week.

He's only had 2 carries over 20 yards and none over 25..of course blocking is an issue, but CJ getting the bulk of the carries may be as well. That's not implying CJ is not the best back on the team, but that he isn't an every down back and shouldn't be depended on as such.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

I don't think people are giving up on him. I think people are frustrated that he's sucking.

It's one thing to hope he gets better, but to completely deny that he's not performing on the field is stupid.

Look at the excuses made, and I can show you another RB or player that's facing the same issues.

Bad offensive line: McCoy/Forte

8 man fronts: Almost every elite RB in the NFL.

No practice: Anybody running back that's ever come back from an injury, or anybody that's ever gone through a holdout like Darelle Revis last year of DeSean Jackson this year.

You can't get better until you realize you need to get better. And he needs to do better. I'm sure if he does everybody will embrace him.

3. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

Check out the link I posted, and maybe you'll have a better understanding of our offensive line woes compared to theirs. Its not quite as comparable as you might think.

Eagles - 7th best run-blocking line(4.3), 22nd in stuffs(22%), 1st in 2nd level blocking(1.6), 8th in the open field(1.1).

Bears - 27th best run-blocking line(3.7), 32nd in stuffs(30%), 10th in 2nd level blocking(1.3), and 3rd in open field blocking(1.5).

Titans - 32nd best run-blocking line(2.9), 31st in stuffs(28%), 32nd in 2nd level blocking(0.7), 32nd in open field blocking(0.3).

Now also consider both of those teams are by design pass-first teams taking a lot of pressure off the running game. Titans are a distant last in all categories, and if you look at the stats CJ is actually outperforming what his line is offering (3ypc vs 2.9). Its not much, essentially a wash, but I hope this gives people insight to the real problem of our struggles.

I hope this has helped develop yours and many others understanding of the game, and gets some people off CJ's back.

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Also before someone says "We're ranked that bad because CJ is sucking" No. We were ranked 31st last year when he ran for 1400 yards and when he got 2000 yards we were only like 15th or so.

5. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

It's adjusted based on the league avg of RB YPC.

6. thickfreakness

thickfreakness Practice Squad

BeatADeadColt summed it up pretty well. Everyone is just frustrated he's not producing.

McCoy/Forte are perfect examples. It's not like CJ is running behind a high school offensive line. If he's the playmaker he claims, both McCoy and Forte shouldn't be averaging 2.5 more yards per carry than he is.

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

CJ really doesn't have an excuse or reason.He should be out there being the playmaker he was paid to be.Nothing has really changed except CJ himself.Its no longer the lines fault that doesn't cut it anymore.Something within CJ himself is causing these struggles and its affecting our team in the end.Maybe it was lack of prep,the holdout or not getting back to full strength but its time to see some results.After all he was just given a huge contract and he isn't earning it so far.CJ should be thankful that Hasselbeck has taken some of the pressure off of CJ by passing so well.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

The thing thats really messed up is Matt Hasselbeck has been carrying this offense so far with solid passing every game.If we could get CJ back to being the dynamic back that he was the last couple seasons then our offense would be hard to beat because we would have a solid passing and running game.Either Matt's arm or CJ's legs are gonna beat the opposing defense.We would be hard to beat if we were firing on all cylinders but so far its mostly passing getting us by.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

CJSideways needs to put his goldface N-S instead of prancing around E-W

CJ is a wussie and until he plays like he has a pair I really dont care what else the little guy does.

Playmaker my arse!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. BeatADeadColt

BeatADeadColt Camp Fodder

Do you think CJ really cares what a 21 year old econ student thinks of him?

Do you think CJ really cares what anybody besides his coaches and team thinks about his play?

The only people that seem to be upset about Titans fans criticizing CJ are CJ fans. It's a stupid thing to argue about.

P.S. those stats are are dumb excuse... There's no real way to measure an offensive line besides watching them, there are too many variables, and it's simply too subjective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar