Why I'm Optimistic Ravens will stop Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ah...

Psycho, you mentioned something I forgot to put in...hurry up!!!

The Ravens like to use a lot of personel and matchup personel based on offensive personel AND down/distance. The Titans should use a hurry up like the Colts, Pats and Jets do sometimes. Don't actually play faster, but you can prevent the other team from substituting. A lot of the Ravens players are a little past there prime or not used to being on the field all day.

2 options...go doulbe TE with 2 WR's and CJ. If the Ravens go to a 2 DL/5LB look, we can keep them on the field and should be able to ram the ball down their throats with power runs and give them problems matching up. Or, keep them in their base 3-4, spread them out and either run or throw. Or, as soon as Ngota is subbed out, go hurry up to keep him off the field! This is the easiest thing and makes the most sense.

I would not run draws against this team unless they have 1 LB on the field and they won't do that. You want to eliminate chances at negative yard plays. I like screens...mostly bubble/wr screens because their LB's are too good at sniffing out normal ones. We effectively used a fake screen to one side and hit scaife for a screen on the other side for a good gain. Counters are good...especially a crossbuck if we have White and CJ together in the backfield...White as a FB upback.

Gage/McCareins are gonna have to come up big when we get one on one down the field. We can't drop the ball and can't let them intercept it. Can't drop 3rd down/TD passes. We need our D to get us some turnovers and or some big returns in the return game!

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gut, just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed both of your large posts on this thread. Interesting ideas, I'm curious to see what we put out there this weekend.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Gut usually ONLY does large posts. :yes:

4. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

Agreed %100 with everything you posted except for the McCareins part :lol:

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I was waiting for someone to say that....

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Hey...

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed them!!!:cool:

Gut

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

I still cringe when I hear McCareins, but I have to give credit for the PIT game. As bad as he was in HOU, he came back and had maybe his best game of the year against PIT.

Truth is he's going to be on the field, so we need the best version of him out there. I've said a million times here - the top 5 players win games for you and the bottom 5 can lose them for you. In that sense, we need the PIT JMac not the HOU JMac if we're going to win this one.

As aggressive as BAL likes to be with the blitz, Gage is capable of delivering the back-breaker in this game. Not saying it WILL happen, but if there is any offensive player that is most likely to put this game away, a 6' 4" Gage getting single covered on a blitz is my guy to watch. CJ *could* break one, but I think Gage probably will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar