Why I Want VY to Start This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Oct 4, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. VY gives us the chance to open up our playbook.

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No. KFC is the better game manager.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Is you crazy?

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

So because Vince won the game with a TD and Collins won the game by getting the team into field goal range make's Young's comeback more valid? I don't understand.

And since when are all great catches the result of badly thrown balls?

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

It makes it more impressive. And to me, it's representative of the best of them. VY could be a superstar who can take over games. KFC can be a good game manager who works with a good WR core.

I just remember that one being a bad throw. Let me see if I can run it down.

3. vslyke

4. KingTitan

KingTitan aka CRONUS

Vince is the 'real deal', you just wait and see. Mr. Fisher knows more about this than any of us and he's got Vince at #2 tomorrow! The King's soothsayer, the Magnificent Nostradamus, has seen a harmonic convergence in the life stream of the Titans that syncs Vince Young with the team and leads them to winning in both cosmic realms and on the verdant battle fields.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It makes it more impressive? What? Who cares if you win with a walk off TD or a walk off field goal? I've never seen such nit picking in all my life. Besides how many big comebacks did Vince manage to give us last year? Face it, the Vince Young of 2006 is a distant memory.

Terrible? Really? Alright. When I think of a terrible throw I think of a throw like Young throwing a pass RIGHT to a Jacksonville defender like he did in week one.

6. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

I can also think of romo's terrible pick last week or roethlisbergers and many others from just last week. It's amazing how even the good quarterbacks throw interceptions. Even the almighty cutler is averaging throwing one a game. Do I wish vince young would throw less picks? of course I do but it's not like he's thorwing a lot more interceptions than anyone in the league.

7. vslyke

Not to me. Anyway, the whole point is that VY can do more. That comparison is a great example of that point.

That was right to a defender. KFC was just lucky Roydell came back for the ball. That play nearly cost us a playoff berth, and you're upholding it as an example of what a QB should do? :eek: I think I'll pass.
    Exactly. VY struggles, just like all the QBs in the league. He just has to sruggle less.

8. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Hey kid, zip it.

9. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

It wasn't right to a defender. The defender wasn't looking at the ball, that's why he threw it. Besides that was one play and it turned out for the better. How many plays did Young make that cost us games last year? How about how we only scored 6 points IN a playoff game. It was a great pass not a terrible pass, I don't get what your looking at.

And no VY doesn't struggle he simply can't play. He is a horrible passer and if your a QB and you can't pass which is your #1 priority, your not going to pan out.

10. vslyke

Yes it was. I don't see how you deny that it was right to the corner, or how it was a "great" throw. He didn't make many that I can remember. I remember Chris Brown and Bironas losing the Chargers game in the playoffs.

Sheesh, he's impoved a ton in 2 years. Is he supposed to be Brady in his 3rd year? Hell, Brady wasn't Brady in his 3rd year. He's the future and with a few adjustments, he can be our QB now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar