Why I Want VY to Start This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Oct 4, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. VY gives us the chance to open up our playbook.

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No. KFC is the better game manager.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Is you crazy?

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

While I agree with most of this, I think the tie goes to the young playmaker who can take over games. I just hope VY is ready to step up.

2. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

You are comparing Kerry's stats this season with Vince's last year stats.......ummmmm yeah our oline has gotten better......but what does oline protection have to do with anything right?

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

26-32 KC in favor

4. HornedToad10

HornedToad10 Camp Fodder

True, but based on recent history, VY will self-destruct and lose a game more often than KFC will.

So VY can take over and win a game. And he can bomb it and lose a game.

KFC can manage and let the team win a game. And he can (less often) bomb it and lose a game

Fair enough... The argument comes down to which results in more net wins for the Titans. My argument is that KFC's style has more net wins by 1-3 games.

5. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Don't get me wrong, I would love VY to be the starting QB. I just don't see Fisher changing something until there is an injury or it is not working anymore.

6. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Young needs to start again before this season is over, but not until he can bring that fire back that he had his rookie year. Man could you just imagine that with the defense we have now. Yet he needs to set until he gets his head straight and knows what got him this far in his career. If no one is open pass to your checkdown and run for the easy first downs. VY is our qb of the future the FO needs to ask him why not run, I don't know if it is him or there telling him not to which i doubt.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

All of this talk about Vince is irrelevant at this point, because the team's confidence is in Kerry, and not in Vince. The only way Vince can earn it back this season is if Kerry goes out and Vince does well. Vince doesn't get the job back when we're doing fine without him.

8. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

This is true but what happens if Kerry goes down in the first qtr and Vince comes in and flashes his rookie form all over again what would you do. He is our solution to a bad offense do you wait until next season to let him start, do you let him go ahead and start, or just involve him in some packages which Fisher has stated in an interview. I think they have the right approach to still involve him to keep him fresh in case Kerry does go down. Sounds like the smartest move to me but I am all for Kerry starting as long as hes keeping us in the win column.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

OK. a point can often be argued both ways.:sad2:

10. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

No, Chow shouldn't be here, and I whole-heartedly believe we have the best man for the job in our situation. Still yet, Chow is more imaginative that what was displayed last season. When you have a QB who can't throw, you might as well get used to eight man fronts. Worse than that is knowing you have a better chance running at that eight man front than your QB passing on that eight man front. Would you now like to somehow defend Vince Young's performance from last season???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar