Why I Want VY to Start This Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by vslyke, Oct 4, 2008.

?
  1. Yes. VY gives us the chance to open up our playbook.

28 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No. KFC is the better game manager.

19 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Is you crazy?

10 vote(s)
    17.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I think this is one of our best shots at the Super Bowl. If it wasn't I would agree with you. Besides, I'm not talking about switching back and forth, I'm talking about VY taking back over.
    I don't remember KFC winning a game. His team won a few games, he didn't. VY won the Rose Bowl.
    Great post. Don't forget the missed FG, and the blown coverage on one of the TDs.
    They aren't great,but they are pretty good. One of those INTs was a fluke anyway.

2. vslyke

Yes it matters. If not for the INTs, we would have scored twice, which would have put us up by 2-10.

I don't see it that way. VY can take over a game, KFC cannot.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You assume we would have scored twice. We can't score on every drive. If it's a close game in the first half and you throw a pick and it's still close in the 4th then whatever it happens. If it's a close game in the 4th and you throw a pick, that will kill a team's chances. How can you not see this?

VY can take over college games, he hasn't taken over a game since his rookie year, then teams forced him to throw and he can't.

4. vslyke

We were in our territory. At the least, they would have had crappy field position. You forget to take into accoutn the fact that if you didn;t throw an INT in the 1st quarter, you will have points or better field position.

I expect him to imporve his passing, which will open up the running.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

heres something to think about..

remember in the Jacksonville game Vince had NO field position whatsoever, and was constantly starting drives with nothing to work with.

Kerry had all the field position in the world in the Baltimore game, and we could of and should of been up big early, but he failed to capitalize time and time again. 3 points in 3 quarters is horrid. And the throws he was making wore even worse.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OK listen closely because I'm only going to say this one more time. If your able to still be in a game late in the 4th despite interceptions, as we were, and you win the game, as we did, then the first half interceptions are almost irrelevant. Lets move on of Collins' picks from the 1st quarter to the 4th quarter, if that happens we probably lose. Get it?

Here's something to think about, we still won. I don't get why people keep saying Collins had horrible throws what the hell games are you people watching?

7. vslyke

Move them to the 4th quater, and we would have taken the lead in the 1st quarter and held it. Why is that so hard to understand? Sure, it's more dramatic in the 4th, but it really does not make a difference unless you are driving for the game winning score.

We want to be able to beat great teams. Not good teams, not mediocre teams. We want the Super Bowl and we feel VY gives us the best shot.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You assume.

9. vslyke

If not, you are changing the game, at which point your point becomes null and void.

10. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I find it humorous that the same arguements for and against VY are now being used by opposite camps to defend and attack KFC. Lets just go with, neither QB is pro bowl material at this point, our receivers still suck, the running game is our bread and butter and our defense is great. We are winning as a team, and as long as we do and KFC doesn't get hurt it will stay the same. 5-0 Baby!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar