Why dont we give up our 1st round pick for a WR?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

my guess is that we will spend a high pick on a QB before spending one on a WR

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

we are still not a threat in the passing game.

i want us to be a threat at Defense, running and passing.

thats not to much to ask. i bet if jerry jones bought the Titans we would get 2-3 awesome Wr's.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

:rolleyes: Now is the time to load up on defense, before Bulluck/Harper/Hope etc. fall off. That way, they can step in when our starters finally lose a step.

IDK about you, but I think CJ worked out just fine. Same for Griff.

That's because their offensive picks bombed. Boller and Flacco were wastes, and Clayton is just finally developing. Todd Heap is too often injured to do anything. Our offensive picks have been better: VY and CJ are both playmakers.
    No Jeff Fisher team is going to be an offensive powerhouse.

And I want a million bucks, but that's kind of hard to achieve. Name one team that does it. Maybe the Giants, that's about it.

And I would become a Jags fan. :ha: :brow: I also bet he would let our defense fall to pieces, and we would not win a playoff game. I bet you think the Yankees have been awesome in the last 7 years.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

That's meaningless.

Cardinals- 4-2
    Giants- 4-1
    Panthers- 4-2

It doesn't matter if a bad team has good receivers. There's plenty of good teams with good receivers too. We just happen to have the worst set of receivers in the league.

5. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

If Jerry Jones ran the Titans the 3 seasons, Michael Griffin, Chris Johnson, Vince Young would all not be here. Instead Pacman would still be here, and Tank Johnson would have a locker right next to him.

Tennessee is consistently good for a reason. They build through the draft and manage free agents extremely well. Just because we don't have a #1 receiver or make the front page of USA Today, doesn't mean we aren't good, and we don't have to have any of that to be good. Just because the Cowboys do certainly doesn't mean they're good. Last I checked, they're 4-2 with one of the best receiving corps in the game, and we're 5-0 (soon to be 6-0) with one of the worst.

6. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

It's all about accountability I think. If you don't take a risk, there's no chance of being wrong. People will evaluate the Roy Williams trade to a positive or negative conclusion--but from my perspective, at least he's got a possibility of hittin. The Cowboys have a shot at a major offensive power being added to their team, we do not.

I used to think that way with draft picks, keep them no matter what, but I've come to agree with you now. Roy Williams/Anquan Boldin have much greater odds of contributing than "guy we don't know right now but who could turn into a starter if we're lucky".

It should be a rare thing, but when a legit opportunity comes you should grab it. Let's see what Lions fans feel about that extra late 3rd/late 6th rounder if Williams goes off this year and they have to hear about him every week.

7. TheSureThing

Roy Williams was going to Dallas this offseason anyways, why do you think he was so quick to sign a 7 year deal with the team? It was the worst kept secret. And the Cowboys gave up 3 draft picks, including a 1st and 3rd, in order to acquire a guy a few months early. It was a bad move.

Saying that, lets say we did offer Detroit a 1st, 3rd, and 4th to outbid the Cowboys. Roy would play the rest of the year here, realize the QB situation is a hell hole he doesn't want to be involved with, and skip his way down to dallas, to sign a 7 year deal.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

When's the last time they won a playoff game?

I think I will take our handfuls of playoff wins and our AFC Championship over a couple of awesome receivers.

9. TheSureThing

exactly..

It's Titans fans who just want to be respected around the NFL and have the big name players that tend to want a #1 Receiver over Winning.

10. eberry

eberry Camp Fodder

Dude. If you can't see any logic in the possibility of turning Gage/Jones/whomever into Boldin/Gage/whomever, and the direct impact that could have on our ability to win games (especially in the playoffs), then that's on you. I don't think it's all that crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar