Why dont we give up our 1st round pick for a WR?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

We need a WR really bad why draft a rookie when you can trade for a great young WR who is proven?

we should have gave the Cards our 1st and 3rd picks for Larry Fitz. or something like that.

unless we plan on drafting a Qb or defensive player in next years draft.

Jerry Jones was smart to give up a rookie for Roy Williams.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because we're cheap

3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

b/c 1st rounders can develop into players like bulluck, haynesworth, griffen, even pacman (if he never got suspended or in trouble once....who knew what he coulda been .. him n finny with albe upfront ....) you cant afford to miss out on players like that...n in this leage (espeically w/ the threat of uncapped season loomin or at least further increase in cap) u need to hold on to your talent.

and jerry jones actually gave up 3 rookies, one in the 1st, 3rd n somethin else; which is quite a bit. n roy isnt fitz..i could c fitz going for somthin like 1-3th n a 6th.

sounds like u've already given up on vince too?? not sayin i aint pissed..but damn

dont agree w/ ya much on this post buddy

4. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

As soon as Jerry's Cowboys win their first playoff game since 1997, I'll consider Jerry Jones smart.

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Because the trade deadline passed.

It's frustrating, but we aren't going to go all out for one year. That's not the way we do it. Besides, we are built on ball control. not a vertical attack. We need that pick for a DT/LB/CB to develop behind Haynesworth, Bulluck, or Harper.

6. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

yeah thats what i was thinking, if we plan on keeping VY what position do we really need to address in the 1st round? Our Defense is awesome, most teams would kill for our D, so why would we skip a WR to improve our D even more?

We could use a special teams player, but if we get a WR like DeSean we could have both. I still think a WR is our biggest need, i dont know why we dont go after it like we mean it. even the Texans have a top 5 WR.

7. Fry

i'd rather have proven nfl talent like roy williams, anquan boldin or chad johnson than some guy straight out of college that has a better shot at being a bust than he does a stud.

that's why i've never understood why more player trades don't happen in the nfl.

8. reo

reo Starter

b/c a WR that fits in another system w/ another QB and another OL isn't guarnteed to work out in this system w/ KC and our OL.

and besides that, you've got to have a trading partner to make a trade. Cards wouldn't trade Fitz for a 1st and 3rd. Probably wouldn't trade him for 2 1sts... actually w/ the contract he just signed, i doubt the could trade him if they had to.

9. Fry

that doesn't stop teams from paying javon walker, bernard berrian and jerry porter $30+ million.

10. reo

reo Starter

and how's that working out for them? which team has a record over .500?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar