Why does Peyton Manning lick his fingers so much?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I've noticed he does this alot. When I watch Peyton lick his fingers on TV I wonder to myself... why is he doing that?... is there something about the taste of his fingers that gives him some kind of advantage? ...I wonder where his hands have been?

anyway, if qb's did more finger licking would they be better?

for instance... if Kerry Collins licked his fingers more would that make him finger lickin' good? Maybe we should be encouraging Vince to lick his fingers more. Maybe it would boost his completion percentage.

Do you think there is anything to Peyton's finger licking habit? Is it a quirky ritual that makes him some kind of grand champion worthy of an ad contract with GMC Trucks? Any theories? stick 'em? smell of leather football fetish gets his adrenaline going?

I saw him licking his paws like a cat as they went to commercial on Sunday Night Football. Peyton was looking like he was really enjoying it. He was like Freddie Kruger with tootsie roll pops instead of blades. It was really weird.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he has KFC before games, finger lickin' good.

or he provides Kenny Chesney a free rectal exam.

I'd say it is for grip.

3. Nine

Nine Starter

After rubbing his hands on Jeff Saturday's butt, licking his fingers makes him feel all warm and snuggly inside, like a little girl.

Mmmmmmm.....tasty.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Jake delhomme does it too, and it hasn't helped much recently.

Seriously, it's to keep a better grip on the ball. Leather and weather dries out the fingertips and it becomes slippery.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

do you think high school kids would buy peyton manning spit in a jar to rub on their fingers? I bet you could get at least $1,386.27 on eBay for a 4 fl.oz jar of peyton manning spit. that might be enough to buy an entry level gansta mink.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Ay caramba!!!

But I was thinking the same thing :moon2:

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Is that an English ounce, or a metric one?

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It does look like an OCD the way he does it so often. Maybe he's got it from counting all his Benjamins :hmm:

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

that's great BP, lmao

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i think he does it before every play. probably for consistancy or just a ritual... athletes are superstitious do the same thing before every game/every play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar