Why does Jake Locker have to be great?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titans1839, Apr 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Vince didn't win ****, the Titans did. That argument is false and a load of bull****

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't think he has to be GREAT. I think if he plays like he did the first 3-4 games of last season while staying healthy, I'd be beyond ecstatic.

3. Roscoes Wetsuit

Roscoes Wetsuit Pro Bowler

Regardless of wins or how good the teams have been. Vince has more individual accomplishments, has arguably been a better clutch performer than Jake, and was healthier (and yes, I am taking VY unhealthy mental status in account also.) Hell, even off the field Vince was ultra popular league wide, tons of endorsements which helped bring attention to the organization and had the #1 selling jersey of all players in the NFL for a good minute.

I like Jake, I want him to work out. But as of right now, iimo VY did more for the organization than Locker has.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

titan520 approves of this message

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

What individual accomplishments? A bull**** pro bowl and the cover of madden? Things that helped the team out almost nil?

I KNEW this was about popularity. Anyone that gets the poor Tennessee Titans some air time HAS to be good.

Vince threw everything he had down the drain via his own stupidity and immaturity. He cost himself his NFL career and turned this franchise upside down.

Teams can handle a first round bust, it happens. Teams can't handle drama queens and entitled players with a super star complex.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

VY= definite bust

JL= probable bust

And that is the only significant difference between the two thus far. Here's to hoping that we don't see JL=VY in the bust category.

7. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

we were up by 8 with less than 4 mins to go, locker needs to seal the deal with a first down but he overthrew Britt which is on him. His accuracy issues are just as bad as his health issues are imo.

8. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

That is a big hope man, in my mind JL is already a BUST! He can't even stay on the dam field! As much as I hate to say it and I really don't want to say it cause I just don't like the guy and I want Jake to succeed but Young at the end of the day is going down as the better QB of the two. I live in NY and I take so much abuse at work for being a titans fan, no one gives a sh** about Locker and no one here thinks Locker will be anything, they just laugh cause they have Eli and Geno. It is sad Geno has just as much playing time in 1 year as Locker does in 3!! They all agree with me too on the Young statement as well. I know some people won't but that is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Hard to put a guy in the definite bust category yet when with injury excuses. I agree JL is on his way to be a bust, but Vince had 5 years before we let him go so you can't compare their total body of work yet. I didn't like the pick at #8 overall- I thought we reached at the time. I wanted Julio Jones but the Falcons traded up and got him- then I wanted JJ Watt.

Vince certainly had a better start but his play steadily declined due to his mental incapability to effectively read defenses, his emotional immaturity, and let's not forget he had a few injury issues also. He was a #3 overall pick and he didn't make past his first contract and was promptly dismissed by 2 other teams. So his inability to sustain an NFL career even as a backup is SOLELY on him and not our organization like many VY supporters are quick to suggest.

My knock on Locker is that he has proven to be exactly what the critics had identified- injury prone and inaccurate. He has had ligament tears in his upper and lower body with relatively mild hits. He was drafted to be a "smart" dual threat QB but you can't be a dual threat if your arm is not accurate and you can no longer be relied upon to roll-out and/or "tuck and run". It was another waste of a top 10 pick IMO. People reference Matthew Stafford as having had a similar history but IMO Stafford was performing WAY better than JL prior to the injuries. I don't see the similarity.

Both the VY and JL picks were "swing and misses" of top 10 picks. (As was the Pacman pick- although he is performing reasonably well for the Bengals)

Locker does have 1 more year to prove he injuries were a fluke, but I'm not holding my breath that he will suddenly become durable and accurate. I'm certain we will draft his replacement this year.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

But the fact is vy accomplished something positive, yes he did negatibe.things too, but jake has accomplished nothing at all in the nfl. He hasn't done anything at all. He can't hit his targets, can't stay on the field and has only had one good little streak. The one bulls### pro bowl is more than jake will ever achieve, imo. I hope I'm wrong if he's our starter but right now he's looking like a worse pick than vy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar