Why does Alge still start?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Finnegan2win, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Someone, for the love of God, explain why this guy is one of our starting TEs? He cannot do anything after he catches it, except fly through the air and fumble it in our own territory in big games.

You may say "Well Fisher puts him in to block". Sure, makes sense, except then our running game should be destroying everyone. If his blocking is making little impact, and we know he's practically useless unless its in the endzone, why the hell is he playing?

I like how we saved Cook until the game was out of reach, makes sense. Save the rookie so he doesn't wear down too much during an 0-5 season, great idea.

GTFO Jeff thanks. :rolleyes:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Maybe our running game could be even worse? I doubt it, Cook could still block.. I don't know but Jeff won't play Cook big minutes even if he thinks hes the next shannon sharpe.

3. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

injury- the only way a titan starter gets benched...

but seriously, this has been jeff's problem from day one. far to loyal and stubburn to make a change. i really think in his mind if he makes a change he looks like he was wrong/ foolish.
    it wouldnt be such a big deal if we hadnt given up such a (now) high 2nd round pick for him and hadnt seen his ability... i for one cant imagine him doin any worse than alge and cant imagine , other than veteran loyalty, what fisher is hangin on to?

4. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I was very surprised he benched Kearse though. That is out of character of what he usually does.

5. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

It's simple. We rely HEAVILY on the TE passing game and Crumpler is the biggest one we have. As a matter of fact, when Kerry misses him, Dinger pulls kerry over and says "what is wrong with you today? You can't hit the broadside of a Crumpler!"

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

While Crump is not a good blocker when matched up against a very physical LB, he's the best blocking TE we have and he can catch short to intermediate throws. Cook is a much more dnagerous receiver, but we have too many inconsistent blockers and adding another one will only increase the problem of us not being able to run. However, I would put Cook in on passing downs. I'm sure he can block a nickel back and if they keep a LB in, then we have a good mismatch.

I somewhat think Cook may have not mastered the playbook or they think they have enough vets making mistakes before adding in another rookie.

My speculation, but I agree, he needs more playing time in the passing game...a LOT more.

Gut

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Jeff HATES playing young playmakers other than Chris Johnson, I guess. He leaves Kenny Britt on the sidelines all game while he's better than every receiver we have on the field. He leaves Cook on the sideline when he's probably our best TE.

Fisher just plays it too safe. And whats funny is- it's his beloved veterans that are making the rookie mistakes.

9. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I agree. Everytime he's running with the ball I'm thinking it's gonna come flying out. Hopefully we'll be seeing alot more of Cook soon.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

Maybe he's scared of another Ryan Mouton game. That got pinned on Fisher when it happened so I could see Cook fumbling be another "why the hell is he playing a rookie when our season is on the line?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar