Why do people think playoff experience is a huge deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 30, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Didn't really watch the game (ATL/LA) but it was on in the background.

Anyone think playoff experience had a little to do with ATL winning?

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Chiefs have mad playoff experience

How’d that help them yesterday?

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

Their experience paid off in what their experiences have told them to do. Make playoffs and lose.

Seriously, I would argue nerves were an issue early for Tennessee but not for KC. Didn't really matter once the game was in rhythm but I still don't believe playin in a playoff game has no benefit over being a playoff "rookie".

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

/thread

5. 520

Yup somehow half a game experience was better than years and years of experience by smith and the gang

Totally weird

6. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Look at how strong they came out!

It is all about experience!

7. HurrayTitans!

Is it coincidence both teams yesterday that were not in the playoffs last year started out in a hole? Tennessee 14-0, LA Rams 13-0.

8. Cajun_Titan_33

Cajun_Titan_33 Pro Bowler

"I think it was a step in the right direction (last year). Our team is still young and to get playoff appearance, and get that first playoff win under our belt was huge. That experience was invaluable, and being able to build off of that with the core group we have, and I can't wait to get back to work and go chase another one."

Mariota on making playoffs today on Espn radio.

Titans Home

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

This is simply true. It illustrates how stupid the question was and how stupid some of the answers are. Does experience in the playoffs ensure some future success in the playoffs? Of course not. Is it something you can quantify or measured. Probably not in any easy way. And is it the deciding factor on success in future playoffs? No. But if you have been to the playoffs a number of times it is part of the equation in you being more prepared. You can handle distractions better, you can handle pressure better. Talent will always be more important, but all things being equal the experience will bring some advantage. You don’t think the patriots being in the super bowl numerous times doesn’t give them some edge over teams never being there? Of course it does. Doesn’t guarantee they win but it factors in. How could playoff experience be of no value? If you want to argue for minimal value ok...but it is ridiculous to say it has no value.

Just ask anyone who has played in the nfl. My guess is 99% will say the experience is valuable.

#89 Titanoiler51, Feb 4, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. 520

Lol

“It matters cuz feels, there’s no actual proof, and probably more evidence to the contrary, but I feels it’s right”

Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar