Why do people think playoff experience is a huge deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Dec 30, 2017.

?
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    27.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

I'll say going to the playoffs isn't the issue... winning in the playoffs is.

While every game matters... playoff games matter MOST. Players tend to play harder in the postseason. At least that's what Blaine Bishop has said.

2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

So you really think there is absolutely zero benefit to having prior playoff experience? If so, ok. We can agree to disagree.

3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Bout to find out why tonight lol....

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

With Foles beating Brady?

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think 8 guys on the Eagles have SB experience

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'm sure we could shower the history books and find plenty of times where the more playoff experienced team won, just nobody cares to do the research.

That doesn't necessarily equate to team by name but more playoff experience by players. That goes more with today's FA having so many players switch teams.

7. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Yes, he obviously didn’t read my post well. I didn’t say you couldn’t demonstrate a connection between playoff experience and winning, simply that it would not be easy. And to say my point was just about how someone feels is incorrect. Isn’t it just common sense that experience in most instances is preferred to inexperience? Look at thethe job market in general. It just sounds stupid to say experience in the playoffs is of no value. As I said before, if you want to argue it is of minimal value or that it is exaggerated, ok, that seems a more plausible argument. But the you have to do the hard work of showing that is true. Giving anecdotal evidence like the titans of 2007 and 2008 doesn’t prove anything.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar