why do people like reality tv?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fry, May 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Actually, I think Avvie's was the exception to that rule, provided that it's all true, and I believe that it was.

Reality TV usually isn't very entertaining, unless you have a personal interest in the subject matter. For instance, I like Top Chef, and hate most other reality shows. People who like gossip and drama like the real world and other similar shows. Competitive people tend to like the shows that focus on the competition. My buddy who is all about strategy loved "the mole". My neighbor loves the "home-make over" show, which is the same show every week to me. Bipolar loves deal or no deal, but that's just because he has a thing for bald guys... Usually it's something besides the people that draws viewers into these shows...

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Hey, Gloat and I agree on something!

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Pics please.

4. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

reality tv...id rather hit myself with a bat then watch it

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

deal or no deal..... now that's a show that has contestants who are obviously coached act like morons.

6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah, that's true. I like dating around 50 women at once in order to find my future wife, so the Bachelor is entertaining. (not really, but the joke was there) But I do watch crap loads of HGTV/DiY/Home etc for the home design/reality shows because I'm a gay for interior design. (no offense meant by the g-word) Like that Design Star show, that was awesome.
    Then Hells Kitchen is good, Temptation Island was awesome because you wanted to see who would fall and watch their relationships fall through the earth!
    Few more I enjoy. I don't like Road Rules/Real Worlds/Survivor/Big Brother/etc. There was that one show where all the people were locked in the house underground and they all had to try to convince each other that they should get the million dollars. That was well done.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I seriously doubt I could get away with it. But that's okay...Kihei is a beach town, so ALL the chicks are in bikinis. It was cool at first, but after a while the cool wears off, and it looks like just more of the same.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But it's sweet while the cool is on, eh? :brow:

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

I wish my life was that rough. Have you ever seen female accountants???!!! It's not pretty for the most part!

Blah Blah Blah Yackity smack ....

It's SPIDER PIG time!

10. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, I'm not totally dead...I still get double-take whiplash when the real stunners appear, and have to go get a drool towel when they're Asian or Pacific Islander. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar