Why are we persisting with only 7 active D-Linemen?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Two weeks in a row now, we have been forced into a 6-man rotation on the D-line after one of our 7 active guys got injured early (Ball against Indy and KVB against the Pack).

I can't believe a team that relies so much on our pass rush generated by the front 4 is willing to sacrifice an active roster spot in this rotation.

I realize Hill may have been active specifically last week to cover Green Bay's deep receiving corps, but if our D-Line is the strength of the team, we can't continue to leave them short-handed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

yeah, well, we're probably going to lose a few games between now and when it's all said and done... and that's okay so long as we can hang onto top seeding and be healthy enough to get it done in the post season.

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

We might lose a DL from the practice squad.

4. Carpy

This is my biggest concern. Our D-Line is the strength of our team. They need to have some gas in the tank and be healthy by the end of the year.

I'd shut KVB down until he's right and go with 8 active D-Linemen for the rest of the way.

5. Carpy

Let's hope your Mookie rumour isn't correct this time......

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

KVB needs to take a couple of weeks off because every game he isn't able to go. We need him healthy and ready when we play the steelers.

As for our other 7 guys i agree every one needs to be active.

7. Bobo

Bobo Guest

It made sense to be a bit skeptical of KVB's health. Of course that dude is going to want to play, and it seems like players can have a lot to say about when they play. So when they only went in with 7 again, it seemed risky. I'm sure it hard to decide on those last few positions, but with how we rely on d-line that rotates a lot, it seems someone like Keglar or Q could have sat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar