Who's To Blame?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Oct 6, 2010.

?
  1. Coach Fisher

86.5%
  2. Coach Heimerdinger

13.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Bingo! Chow's offense at USC was spectacular and yet he came here and did nothing. Not because he isn't a great OC but because Fisher has to be the one restricting them from doing anything that goes against Fisherball.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

This playbook was still here while Dinger was gone. Dinger also had to get Fisher to open up the playbook the first time he was here.

So it's no coincidence...

This is Fisher's playbook. Dinger is handcuffed. Like everyone else that's a part of this team.

3. petergriffin16

petergriffin16 Starter

You guys need to stop giving RollTide to much crap, I look over this board and he's one of the few people that actually look at things with rational points of view.

The offense is scoring points and isn't struggling. If Fish had turned VY loose that last game and he threw a pick 6 everyone would be complaining about why we didn't run the ball 3 times and punt out the end zone and let the defense win it for us. The def. got called on a tough PI call, it's a stupid penalty format that many coaches/owners don't like. It's not something we see happen every day. Additionally, the kick off was struck by a random gust of wind and died in the air, another fluky bizarre play. The punt block got knocked out by a 'quarter ending.' This is football and weird happens, it was windy and the balls were hanging in the air longer.

Most people on this board post out of emotion and not out of logic and rationale, and that's why people never see eye to eye. Remember when we went 10-0 and lost to the Jets? I remember coming on this board and seeing one thread asking to fire a different employee of the team. Even when we go 10-0 everyone and lose the first game of the season everyone wants fisher fired again. Why did we lose in the playoffs? Because 3 players fumbled in the red zone and cost a minimum of 9 points. Is that JFish's fault? No.

I think firing fisher would be great for this board, then hopefully we can bring in a Mangini, a Herm Edwards, a Dick Jauron, hell maybe bring in Matt Millen to be the GM. Then we can have 15 losing seasons in a row like the Lions and have fun.

Fisher has been here for 14 years because he's not an idiot. He understands continuity and consistency. The playbook has opened up more and more as the season goes on and continues to open up. This is a game where the more people know what you want to do the more they know how to counter it. Sure Mike Tomlin looks like a genius for doing a trick play on the return, and it won him that game, but guess what? Now EVERYONE is going to be queuing in on the fact that he might do it again. Its the same reason they didn't try the sneaky punt block play they did with MGriff a second time.

We're 2-2, just like the division winners almost every year the Colts. All is not lost, we haven't even played a division game yet. If Ten goes out and beats Dallas, and damnit they can, We'll be in a lot better ship than most people. We beat the Giants who just CRUSHED the Bears, we BARELY lost to the Steelers after turning the ball over SEVEN times. If you think this team has problems it's time to fly to Buffalo, Detroit, Etc.

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

This is where I stopped reading.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

I would love for Herm Edwards to coach this team wanna know why?
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He f*****g gets it!!!!!!!!!!

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. CKTitan

CKTitan Special Teams Standout

He's been here 16 years and he became an idiot the minute Reese got ran out.

7. pettso

pettso Starter

Anyone that says our offense is doing well has not been watching the games on Sundays.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I never said Dinger was a failure just that he was not overwhelming as an OC for other teams.

As for me using stats to suit my argument? Had Dinger had stud offenses on those other teams you guys would use that against Fisher and you damn know it. See Dinger rocks but Fisher is holding him back!

I know that is why i told you..

They were a running team first at Denver. The stats show that..

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

This is his 16th season and contrary to what some are saying it is not over yet.

His winning percentage without Reese is as good as it was with him(10.5 wins a year on average) and we have made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 seasons.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Oy, Herm was an aweful HC..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar