Who's Ready to CLEAN HOUSE?!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

They call Giants, steelers, patriots, packers fans dramatic. How's that working out for them? You looked in the stands lately? How's what we are doing working out for us?

2. Riverman

They follow their lead(er) IMO

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So trying to sign Peyton Manning was Bud Adams and the organization just being complacent?

Spending 100 million last offseason on free agents was the organization just being complacent?

Adding the widest outdoor jumbotrons was the organization being complacent?

Sorry cause it's not that I'm always wanting to argue with you or trying to pick on you or something, I just think this is a lot of crybabying because the team hasn't been good. I disagree 100% that it's because no on cares and is complacent not to win a Superbowl.

What exactly do you mean by look at the stands? I saw the stands the last couple years with the Bears and Chiefs game where it feels like an away game at home. I saw the stands last week where the Titans are claiming upper 40k attended but it looked more like 30k to me. I guess if I personally stayed home that I would be the single tipping point that made the front office say "guess we won't be complacent anymore!" That is a ridiculous line of thinking. I guarantee the front office is not just saying "well we have the psl money so who cares", I guarantee they want to see 67k full of Titans only fan at every game, not just seats sold, but butts in seats.

What about when the fans lined the streets when Peyton visited? I guess that's cause they are complacent and don't care about winning championships?

It's not like we are the only franchise to not win a Superbowl. It's not like we are the only franchise that was around in the NFL/AFL era that hasn't won one either. Is every team that got close but no cigar just full of complacent ownership, players, and fans?

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That is utter horse-crap.

The Arizona game completely rubbishes this thought process. We were out of the playoff race, why would they care enough to score 17 points in 3 minutes to force a game into OT?

What bunch of passionless, heartless, average-joes doing just enough to get by even attempt to comeback from 17 down with 3 minutes left in a meaningless, end-of-season game?

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

Even your Demi-god Peyton didn't want to come here. Why is that? Same reason. For years this organization has muddled and bumbled around trying yo make old school gameplans and old school business from hiring within work. It hasn't for a reason. It is Titan culture now like it or not. It isn't gonna happen unless there are risks taken to change it. Open competition for positions, players, coaches, etc. hiring innovators who re-think traditional gameplans etc.

You can call it cry-babying if you want, I don't expect much different from folks who keep there head stuck in the sand. Why don't you lust those other charter teams that have yet to win? Because we run things like they do. Or am I to assume you think it is just 50 years of "bad luck".

6. Alex1939

SO trying to get Peyton was the organization being complacent?

Your posts are right up there with TWW2. Cry baby cry, make your mother sigh.

I know let's just ignore all logic and just say the franchise, fanbase, and owners don't even care about winning championships! Cause that is like so true and realistic lol.

7. Alex1939

I can see last offseason's front office planning.

Bud Adams "You know guys, I don't want to win a Superbowl. I'm complacent. Here's 100 million to spend on free agents to prove my complacency."

8. Alex1939

Hey guys, I'm like totally complacent. I don't want to win a Superbowl. That's why I offered Peyton ownership in the franchise and when that didn't work out I paid 100 million in free agents next season. For complacency!

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

There's a difference between "not wanting to win Super Bowl" and being complacent.

10. Alex1939

So trying to sign Peyton Manning then the next offseason spending 100 million on free agents is your and Riverman's definition of complacent??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar