Who's Ready to CLEAN HOUSE?!?!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewHorizans, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

After another HORRIBLE! NO GOOD! TERRIBLE! VERY BAD! season, I have come to a firm belief that there is only one solution to fix my beloved Tennessee Titans.

Time to CLEAN HOUSE!!!

From the Head Coach to the Waterboy! I want a WHOLE NEW COACHING STAFF that hopefully has nothing to do with this franchise. I guess one or two guys is ok if they are truly qualified (like Gregg Williams). But I am done with "Lets give this guy a job cause he played for the team 15 years ago" or "He was a great special teams coach for us in the '90s, he deserves to be Coordinator or even Head Coach!"

With Bud out of the hiring picture for the first time in team history. I want to see how great we can be with truly picking the BEST possible candidates out there for each job in need.

Teams like the Browns, Bills, Raiders, Chiefs, and Lions have been terrible for YEARS all because they picked the wrong coaches or some cases wrong GM. I really don’t want another 4 to 8 years of 9-7 to 4-12 record seasons. It was a mistake to hire Munch to begin with. After 3 not great years (2 being terrible). We now have to start over AGAIN! So how about we at least TRY and get it right this time.

Imagine if Munch isn’t the HC in ’11. The different coach with experience sees the flaws in Locker and decides to trade down to 10th and gives the Jags the 8th pick where they take Locker instead. Titans then decide to take JJ Watt in the first round giving the Titans (NOT THE TEXANS) the best D-lineman in Football for the next decade. With the extra picks the Titans gain by trading down, they then trade up to top of 2nd round and Draft QB Colin Kaepernick. BOOM!! Titans now have a franchise QB and star Pro Bowl D player for next 10 years!!! I remember being on this forum back in 2011 and having LOTS of people wanting to draft Kaepernick. But it didn’t happen. Now, I know there is no guarantee any of that would have happened just because Munch wasn’t the head coach, but I know it would have been WAY more likely if we have ANY kind of head coach with some experience!! So how about we don’t make the same mistakes twice????? Lets go out there and scout some guys, do some solid interviews and get a coach who can turn it all around and win some games.

We have to find that balance between great coaching and player talent. All the talent in the world doesn’t guarantee you a win in the NFL. Look at the Texans this year. There is NO reason that D should have lost 13 straight games but it happened. Then you can look at the Patriots who won a lot of games but many of them were very close and I can say they got VERY lucky in 3 of those games to come out on top. If you look at who ended up beating the Pats this season, there is a clear lack of talent on that team, which will prevent them from going all the way this season. Only reason they even make the playoffs truly is because of a weak division, a VERY strong coaching staff, and of course Brady.

First, we get a new solid staff, then find our Brady!! With how weak this division is right now, its open for the pickings. The Colts CAN be beat. Jags and Texans are still trying to figure things out. If the Titans make the right decisions, we can be out of the dog house in no time! Who's with ME?!?!!

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Come clean my house while you're at it.

• High Five High Five x 5
  3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Redundant thread

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Groundbreaking discovery. Our coaching staff sucks. How is it possible that we haven't discussed this yet?

• High Five High Five x 5
  5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

There is no guarantee that Kap has even close to the success here as with SF. As a matter of fact, I wouldnt bet on it. Only thing he might be is on the field. People calling Jake a bust are justified, but a bit premature IMO. As I have stated before, these other QBs had systems catered to them. Thats quality coaching that Jake hasnt been blessed with unfortunately. Would have loved to have JJ as I think he would benefit any D.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Id rather improve on what we have, than clean house. Plug in a few pieces, and get us a QB and we are good.

Find our Brady? Great, maybe the organization will think of trying that this off season.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

If by cleaning house meaning coaches I'm in. We have talent, we just need someone to get the best out of them. And don't even think about coming near Webster with the axe. That's the only guy in this organization that actually knows what he's doing.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

for a redundant team....

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

I know this has been said in some form. But I had to have my time to rant. I spend $2K a year going to Titans games. Plus lots of time on here, going to training camp, etc.

I did say Clean House meant Coaches. I do like our GM. I don't blame him for this season's outcome.

• High Five High Five x 3
  10. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree and I think with a new coaching staff, especially at OC and HC with a new QB we can go places.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar