Who's ready for the opening weekend?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by onthemove, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onthemove

onthemove Guest

For the college ball fans on this board, this is a perfect time to get into all of football in 2009 while we await the Titans and Steelers the week after. Lots of great matchups to start the year off! Which one will you all be watching? (besides WKY/TN, as I know most of you all are vol fans)

Of course I'll also check out the night game in Atlanta between AL and Va Tech.

My quick take:
    Taylor is a good player/leader, he's elusive, he can scramble (like most college Qbs lets not go there.) and make good decisions with the ball on the fly, but I still think Bama has too much fire power (mainly the front seven on D) to counter them in every phase. It will be close for awhile, but the Tide forces at least two critical mistakes that win them the game.

Prediction: Bama 24 VT 10. If they win they should start at 5-0 going into Oxford against Ole Miss...

How about the rest of you guys?

2. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Notre Dame: 99, Nevada: -10

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Great game OSU had vs. Navy. I'm not sure what to make of the defense, hard to judge it against that kind of offense, guess I'll see next week. It wasn't really encouraging but again Navy did a nice job and we did get 3 turnovers so...

Th run game I wasn't crazy about but it's early. Loved what I saw out of Pryor. I believe he's going to be a MUCH better passer this year. Also helps to have better receivers.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Houston Rolls 55-7

Keenum edges closer to Heisman with 357 yds 4 TD.

5. onthemove

onthemove Guest

I know Bradford got hurt, but I was surprised to see the Sooners lose for the first time during the season since Lord knows when. Also the Cowboys of OSU were good enough to take down Georgia even though they started a bit sluggish.

I also wonder about USC- can ANYONE beat them?:hmm:

6. smileyforall

smileyforall Da Blue Mamba

Notre Dame will.....as long as the USC runningbacks break their legs.......

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I watched Michigan play today. I played Jr. All American football with Tate Forceir who is now their starting QB.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Next week.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Houston shocks #5 OSU 45-35 on the road. Keenum and Houston moving toward the BCS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar