Who's Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

great post tnt.

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Gloat, you are really off on this one. Golf ain't popular with young people? Ok, I'm going to give you the prespective of a 17 year old (Me) living in a town of around 8,000 people with one country club/golf course. Of my five best friends, three of them golf on a regular basis. I can sit down right now and off the top of my head name 20 kids my age that play golf. Drive by the golf course on any dry day and the parking lot will be full of cars.

It's big in the middle aged group too. Of my 7 football coaches, average age 40, three of them play golf. Four of the 10 guys (Average age 35 or 40) I work with at the local gas and water department golf every weekend. So many people are golfing now that my dad (age 50) and my little brother (age 13) are trying to learn to play golf.

This isn't a big survey and this isn't a graph of how much money so and so are making. This is just the way things are in my small town. I know that if its this big in my little town, it has to be big everywhere. And if golf is THAT big, that means the best golfer in the world is THAT big.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

of course you can, but you can also look dumber with each and every post.

4. arcticboy

arcticboy Guest

gunny - where did you get your avatar?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

the World Wide (minus China) Web :brow:

Someone posted a larger version on this site, i took it and shrunk it.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd also note, one of the tips your given in law school by the big law firms is to learn golf while you're still in school, so you can take clients to play once you join a firm. Yet another big money source...

Nike knowing what their doing more than you isn't the crux of my argument, though I do think it's a pretty valid point. And Tiger isn't some guy who got a medium sized marketing contract without the success. He's THE major marketing figure for Nike, and has been for about 5 years already. There's no way they would invest multiple contracts in him if he wasn't making them money.

And yes, Nike makes some clubs. They came out with an uber-driver, or some such nonsense, that Tiger was doing adds for a couple of years ago.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

How about bounce the golf ball on the end of an Iron. I even have a friend that can bounce it high, go under his leg with the club and keep it going.

No way anyone is doing that if not for that Tiger commercial. At least, not as many people would be trying that.

It's clear you just don't get it about golf's popularity. That's cool, doesn't have to be your thing. But to think golf in general isn't a marketable sport, or that Tiger isn't one of the most marketable athletes in the world, that just shows your ignorance about sports and business in general.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

Golf is definitively becoming more and more popular. My school, U of Maryland, offers golf as a business class. They teach you how to play the game, along with different approaches in talking ‘business’.

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Do they include closing the deal at the "19th Hole"?

My kind of class. :brow:

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Beer Cart Girls........:beer2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar