Who's Now

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DCtitan49, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

When you are Tiger and you have an extra $154M to spend, this is how you do it.

Attached Files:

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

More Tiger...

If you have ever watched a Major Golf event (Masters, US Open, etc), the average attendence will be around 60-70 thousand people. Of those, around 15,000 will actually follow Tiger hole to hole. It's pure madness. I actually get sick of all the hype, but they are going to ride that horse because it brings in ratings.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:rolleyes:

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So he basically just has people throw money at him for no reason. Guys like Jordan were truly marketable. Not just by square brands that sell themselves, but the guy could actually sell things by putting his face on them. People would buy Jordan's because they were Jordan's. Nobody buys buick because of Tiger. Nobody buys wheaties (a cereal people like jordan made) for Tiger. Nobody buys Nike because of Tiger, and nobody gets an American Express card because of Tiger.

He isn't marketable, he just has dumb companies waste money on him because he's the best. They just so happen to have way too much money to throw away on someone that won't earn any back for their company.

5. Deuce Wayne

:geek:

6. Fry

what's it like living in the land of make believe?

7. Deuce Wayne

Please argue anything I said. Or perhaps smilies are your thing when you have sh22 else to say?

8. BACK2SMASHMOUTH

BACK2SMASHMOUTH TD's Please...

You gotta know when to hold em
    Know when to fold em...

I started playing golf when I was 16. I'd say I'm a casual golfer at best now. But one of the biggest diferences I've seen since over those 8 years...is that the equipment used by kids my age then, was Titlest, Pinacle, Dunlop. \

I went golfing last thursday, 3 of the 4, of us were using Nike balls.(Not me, I was using good old XXXouts) That never would have been the case when I was in HS. Nike wasn't even on the golf scene.

These companies that "have all that money to throw away" didn't get there by making bad business decisions. And I'm sure that now that they're on top, they're not just gonna hand over there status by making it rain for some golfer who can't help them in return...

Admit defeat here Gloat, you'll garner a lot more respect.

9. Fry

nike and buick did not become the companies they are by throwing away a 100 million dollars.

nevermind he has one of the most successful sports video games on the market every single year.

nevermind golf tournament ratings crash when he isnt in the running for a top five finish.

nevermind the facts. just because someone with an actual clue gave you five sponsors(just like you asked) and made you look like fool, now all of sudden the companies who do endorse him are dumb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar