Who'll Make the Cut? An Early Look at the Final 53

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With first cuts a week away, I thought it was time to look at the roster and see which players may be on the bubble to make the final 53-man roster.

First, let's look at those players we know for certain are locks:
    QB - Young, Collins
    RB - White, Johnson, Henry
    FB - Hall
    WR - Gage, McCareins, Jones, Hawkins
    TE - Crumpler, Scaife, Stevens
    OL - Roos, Amano, Mawae, Scott, Stewart, Harris, Loper

Offensive total: 20

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

I agree about Paul Williams. You know he's better than he's shown in the two games. Maybe it's nerves...I don't know. The one thing I did notice last game is on special teams he was usually right on the returner as the catch was being made. He was getting down the field really fast covering kicks. I was impressed with him in that aspect. I'd like to see Ball make the roster. I like Cole and wouldn't mind if Joiner takes Nickeys spot.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I don't think there is any doubt that one of our receivers will be a guy who gets cut by another team (or someone we trade for to avoid the risk of a player lasting through waivers).

4. I'm not convinced that we'll sign a vet WR. It's possible, of course, but depth isn't the problem. We just don't have a #1.

5. JJM1181

JJM1181 Camp Fodder

Why do we have to keep Brandon Jones? He hasn't shown anything but inconsistancy. I like Chris Davis more than Paul Williams or Biren Ealy. I say dump Jones and keep Davis.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't necessarily think it'll be a "vet" but someone with a couple of seasons of experience who may be be a bigger deep threat or could be considered a red zone threat.

7. But for any of those guys to be desirable to the Titans, why would another team cut them?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The system. Sort of like how KVB and Kearse both find our defensive scheme fits their own skill set better.

Okay, I'm reaching. But I honestly think someone will be released who would upgrade P. Williams, Davis and Ealy. At this point, it wouldn't take a lot.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think Joe Horn is a must sign.

10. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

No. We need to use the spot for someone who can either contribute now, or contribute a lot later. Horn can do neither. He is a washed up WR who never was the best leader. I'd rather have Moulds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar