Who would you have taken at #11?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RavensShallBurn, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I am trying my best to refrain from posting rants about Taylor Lewan. I HATE the pick to the point that I would have preferred ANY player taken in the 1st round (aside from other OL), and I now want Webster fired. I'll leave it at that.

I was very disappointed that both Gilbert and Barr went before we picked, and I think that definitely put us in a difficult situation. We clearly wanted to trade back at that point, but obviously we couldn't find a trade partner. I really thought someone would want to trade up for Manziel or another QB, but apparently not.

So, with the way things went, who would you guys have taken at #11? Trading back is not an option.

I would've taken Bridgewater... and I'm not going to have an argument with anyone about his bad pro day/few poor throws they showed when he was picked. I've already had this argument.

I would've liked either Dennard or Fuller as well.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Teddy. I would have taken teddy. Risk and reach and all. But teddy.

Only thing that concerns me with lewan is the fact of his douchebaggery. Hope it doesn't carry into his pro career and he holds down a tackle position. Dumb that we just paid oher 20 mil for possibly swing duty but whaaaatever. We didn't plan on taking a tackle so we had to fill the need when we did.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I really liked what Whiz said about the pick. He said they had Lewan ranked so high they couldnt pass him up. That a guy like him should have never been there at 11 and that theyre not expecting to be at 11 ever again.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Clark

Lol well they better fill that qb need in the second then

And yes. He wasn't supposed to be there. Lt. It's a core piece that requires a high first 95% of the time. I understand that.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I highly doubt they do that now

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Clark

Well unfortunately, we all know the locker every year scenario... "Never pick that high again" is some real deep bs with him at the helm

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

Donald. He may not be an ideal fit but he was easily the best talent left on the board. I would have been happy with Mosley, Fuller, Dennard, or Teddy as well..

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, we are the only team that drafted a backup for the 2014 season, so I hope Whiz had a good answer for what in the ****ing **** they were thinking.

I can't rationalize this pick. I can't. If you want a LT for the future, wait until the middle of the draft to take one.

9. Clark

Does that really happen? "Future mid round LT?". If you can find a number/stat on that that says otherwise I have my extreme doubts... That's the same reason why 4 OTs when first round.

10. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

...Not expecting to be at 11 again...

[​IMG]

Sadly I think it could be another long year (disclaimer I hope not not a fake fan not a fake fan) but Mr. Glass Jake Locker is going to get smashed by Texans.

To answer the thread I would not have taken another O-linemen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar