Who will the Tennessee Titans Draft? History Says Upside

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Tennessee Titans fans have been speculating on who their team will take with the third pick of the 2006 NFL Draft since January. Since that time, we've had the Senior Bowl, Combine, Pro Days, personal workouts and visits to Baptist Sports Park and about the only thing which appears certain amongst the smokescreens is that the Titans will use their first-round pick on a quarterback -- especially since owner Bud Adams said it himself a few months back.

Titans fans remain divided as to who that QB will be. Many have been in the camp of Vince Young since his dominating performance in the Rose Bowl. Others claim Matt Leinart is the surest bet. I'm here today to tell you who that pick will be and, more importantly, why history backs that decision.

http://www.gotitans.com/artman/publish/article_001408.shtml

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Great article! Lot of good info in there.....and the last part of it is the best.....Vince Young WILL be a titan!

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I still think Cutler has an outside chance of being taken at #3, but the article makes alot of valid points.

4. no chance man, we havent heard anything about cutler for a few weeks, and with reese calling the shots, it looks like we are gonna get ourselves some Vince Young, bipolar, metal, and lazymanjackson will all be happy about this one

5. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Great article with an insight that makes sense. Im ok with any of the qbs that are available at 3 because the gm's and hc's job are probably riding on the pick so they will take the one that is the best in their opinion. If its Young I think Mr Adams will give them time to develop him. I have said here before that if Youngs the pick it will change how Steves situation is handled. The way the McNair thing has been handled so far makes me believe they may be leaning toward Lienhart however your logic on Young makes sense. I have always been a gambler and there is a huge payoff if Young turns out to be the great qb a lot of people thinks he will be. I hope its Young!

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Well, they do say History repeats itself.

7. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I feel so.....left out. :hmm:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

means nothing.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

It's hard to predict, but you've pointed out a really good point. Has Reese learned the lesson of the risk?

I think you just wanted to confuse people by creating the term upside.

10. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Who will the Titans Draft Article

Great read Jeff. I believe you have made the most sense of the Titans choice or at least offered the most logical explanation for hwy the Titans will pick Young. After reading this I agree with you and also believe that they will pick up VY. Before reading I thought VY was a smoke screen to try to nab Matt but now Im not sure in fact I think you were dead on in your assesment. Way to go another reason why this is by far the best fan site/forum for Titan fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar