Who will be the first rookie QB to play?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 29, 2018.

?
  1. Baker Mayfield

19.1%
  2. Sam Darnold

17.0%
  3. Josh Allen

21.3%
  4. Josh Rosen

29.8%
  5. Lamar Jackson

10.6%
  6. Other

2.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The Browns made Baker Mayfield the #1 overall pick in the draft last month, but that doesn't mean he will be the first rookie QB we see this season. Hes expected to back Tyrod Taylor up for the start of 2018.

The Jets traded up and picked Sam Darnold 3rd overall, but also have Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater on the roster. It could be some time til Darnold fights his way up the depth chart if they keep 3 QB's.

The Bills did something similar with Josh Allen trading up to take him 7th overall, but also went out and signed AJ McCarron to a $10M deal in March. Certainly not enough to hold off a 1st round QB, but enough to delay the process.

Another team to trade up for a QB was the Cardinals, taking Josh Rosen 10th overall. Like other coaches the Cards signed a vet in Sam Bradford before investing in a rookie QB. But Bradford has been given up on numerous times to where no one should feel like thats his job for any length of time.

And then there is Lamar Jackson on the Ravens (who was also traded up to acquire). No one believes much in Joe Flacco but much like all the teams above I assume the team wants to start the season with an experienced vet at QB.

I chose to leave out Mason Rudolph and Kyle Lauletta since I see those guys as long term project players, but who the hell really knows how this will go....

#1 JCBRAVE, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'm gonna go with who's likely to be the worst team of those options. That leads me to Buffalo and Josh Allen. I feel bad for him cause his OL & WRs are so bad though.

Browns & Jets should be mediocre enough to delay the process a little longer

3. JCBRAVE

I feel like it wont be Darnold. McCown has the coaches trust at the moment, and after him its Teddy Bridgewater IMO before Darnold.

I actually think thats Teddy's job week-1

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

josh allen, then darnold, then rosen, then lamar, then mayfield.

mayfield may move ahead of lamar if the browns dont win any games and hue is trying to save his job though

5. JCBRAVE

you said Mayfield was this drafts best QB tho, you really see Tyrod holding him off long?

6. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

yeah, tyrod is serviceable and i really think he will gel well with jarvis landry. dump off qb to dump off wr, match made in heaven

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

I went with Rosen, purely because I like the odds of Bradford falling down injured before or in the first month of the season.

• High Five High Five x 3
  8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Apparently I picked Josh Allen, but I meant to pick Josh Rosen for this reason. Thought Bradford would be the first starter to get injured. But the Bills are bad so who knows.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

no worries, I keep mixing these 2 up too lol

FTR I dont like Josh Allen at all, but hes in a good situation to play early

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

remember how much fun it was watching MM8 starting week 1 his rookie year...

yeah the Titans sucked but at least we all had that to look forward to each sunday.

For that reason alone I say Brownies start Mayfield.

there is something to be said about giving the fans something to cheer for

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar