Who Will Be Backup QB While Fitzpatrick Is Starter

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

Unwad your panties please.

The feud between you 2 is distracting and annoying. We are all supposed to be on the same side.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

they need to have their own smack thread!

3. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

My previous post goes to you to. I for some reason read his post first. But seriously, you 2 are getting on my nerves.

4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Agreed and i can say this if that was Brady or Manning hurt not only would there be a fine there probably would be suspensions as well.It did make me angry when the play happened and the referee didn't even throw a flag to call a personal foul or unneccessary roughness.Oh well the Jets got blown out and they deserved it.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I wanted a hit on geno soo bad after the hit on our qb but our d played lights out and we did a classy thing with no personal fouls because we have character where the jets lack all character and discipline hence why they have so many penalties

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Hey who did we end up adding to backup Fitz?

7. amy

amy Starter

This thread should be deleted, and then the two posters who are acting like the right wing in DC need to be banned.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

get an avatar amy

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You should get a warning for posting political commentary which is not allowed in the main forum.

Also you need an avatar.

Also you need to donate.

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans plan on activating quarterback Rusty Smith from the practice squad and making him the team’s back-up on Sunday, but they probably won’t do so until Friday or Saturday.

The reason?

When the Titans eventually promote Smith, they’ll need to make a cut from their current 53-man roster. But if another Titan gets hurt and has to go to injured reserve between now and the end of the week, Smith’s promotion wouldn’t require a roster cut.

“We don’t want to do something right now and then have something else happen, someone get hurt or something silly happen, that we move before we have to,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said. “The fact that Rusty is here means we get the benefit of waiting on it.”

Munchak had sounded less definitive about moving Smith up from the practice squad earlier in the week, but he explained his reasoning on Wednesday. He said the team wanted to work out veteran quarterbacks like John Skelton and David Carr in case of future injuries, and that if Munchak had announced the plan to promote Smith earlier in the week, Carr and Skelton may not have wanted to come for a workout.

“You always want to be smart and see what’s out there – not just for this week, but if we had to bring in somebody next week,” Munchak said. “So you do your homework that way. But I had talked to Rusty the whole time. He knew how I felt, so there was no concern that way.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar