Who Wants Johnny Manziel?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by NewHorizans, May 2, 2013.

?
  1. Tank for Top Pick?

21.4%
  2. Play season as normal and fix QB elsewhere?

78.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The better question is why would anyone tank games for Doug Flutie?

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

He's a great college quarterback, no doubt... but will he ever be a NFL level quarterback? Unlikely. He's 6'1 200, and honestly probably more of 6'0 195, not great size for an early round QB pick. Right now the NFL is on a dual-threat QB craze, but defenses will figure it out; they always do... they you'll have to rely on your arm.

He seems really into hisself and is blind to how many people are watching his every move. Now, he is a 19 year old kid... what do you expect. I'm not hating on Manziel, with the right coaching/scheme he can be a good NFL QB. Right now he reminds me of Michael Vick, amazing speed and athletic ability, strong [but raw] arm. Biggest flaw with Vick is he can't read an NFL defense and adjust, he just doesn't have the mental flow to be a great NFL QB. Can Manziel, that's to be determined. I get the Cam Newton vibe off him, the cocky "im better than everyone" vibe, which Cam seems to be changing and has figured out. I hope Johnny does the same.

I'd still take Teddy Bridgewater and arguably Tajh Boyd over him. The thing is Manziel is a runner with a good arm, Teddy is a pocket passer with running ability. You always take the pocket passer in my book.

4. JMUTitan

JMUTitan Starter

hahahahaha that was perfectly executed. Good on you, Finnebosch.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'm done with "athletes" at the QB position. I no longer care how fast they are, or how many reps they can bench press. If their speed is a main part of their game, I simply no longer want them. If they have athleticism as a bonus (ala Luck) then that's great.

You see a dependence on that athleticism, and it tends to stop the growth of that player as a QB. Not to mention the health risks of opening yourself up to hits. Even in Luck's case, I'm surprised he did not get hurt, because he even put himself in harm's way more than he should have.

It becomes a "path of least resistance" for them, and they never reach their real potential because they have a broken leg, or mentally, they never get there.

6. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

No team tanks games on purpose.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. Carp

Carp Starter

I'm sorry, but is not better than Peyton. That's just silly.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Note the "When it matters" part. In the playoffs, you do not want PM as your QB.

9. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Gawd no

10. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

To be perfectly honest, I don't follow college enough to even know who compares to Manziel. All I know is he just won the Heisman as a Freshman. A FRESHMAN! First time ever. I am sure he might not be the best QB right now, but depending on which year he does come out and how next year goes. He could be Top 5. And the fact that ESPN was talking about it today is why I brought it up now. I would love for us to go 10-6 with Locker turning the page as our QB of the future. But IF it doesnt happen. I wanted to get your opinion.

Just because a player might be rated lower doesnt mean he will get drafted there. Look at EJ Manual. Or even Tebow.

Manziel may not even come out until 2015 anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar