Who to blame in the Texans loss?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

1. Loggains
    2. Locker

I don't see how you can really blame anyone else much. I certainly can't put this loss on any defensive player, not even McCourty. Those guys played their @$$es off and kept us in a game that we had no business being in given our offensive performance. They were on the field for 43 minutes and suffered through 5 straight 3 and outs by Locker & Company. And they were STILL making plays late in the game. They were totally gassed and I'm honestly surprised they were able to play as well as they did toward the end of the game.

• High Five High Five x 4
  2. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

1. Offensive Play calling
    2. Kenny "the *****" Britt
    3. Defensive play calling late 4th

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

If Loggins decided to run Battle when we were backed up on our 1 yard line instead of CJ, he probably at least gets out of the endzone when we got that safety. Then Bironas needs to hit that field goal. That's a 5 point swing right there.

I'm baffled as to how schizophrenic we look on both offense and defense. There were times our D was getting a ton of pressure and Schaub started to look nervous, then he threw the pick 6. Not too soon after that they just drove the ball right down our throats. Then our offense on the first possession marches right down the field for a TD drive and does nothing until the second half, and has a 99 yard touchdown drive. Where is that offense when we need it?

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The OL played horrible during that long stretch of three and outs.

Turner is a liability. Schwenke can't be that much of a drop off.

There were a lot of stupid penalties.

Reynard makes me miss Mariani with every punt return.

McCourty was schooled by a rookie.

Wright dropped an easy ball.

Jake isn't where he needs to be.

Loggains is too conservative and predictable.

Run D late in the game.

Britt isn't anything close to being the WR he was before the ACL.

Bironas missed a FG.

There is plenty of blame to go around but this is an overall much improved team.

• High Five High Five x 7
  5. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Cut Frenchy dude gives zero ****s will field a punt anywhere

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Much of this gets fixed with the progression of Locker. Better run defense late in games, no missed kicks by Rob, etc.

I called it earlier in the season, Reynaud is really putting us in bad spots. Williams isn't as shifty, but he is football smart. Cut Reynaud and have Williams out there and that frees up a roster spot. I am pissed how this isn't obvious.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Plenty of blame to go around but the bottom line is that Jake missed the one throw we needed on what could have been our winning drive.

The play calling was basically 50/50 run and pass and our poor field position dictated what we did. People need to understand that a run call on 2nd and long is not bad we just didn't get the 5-6 yard gain we needed to have a good chance on 3rd down. Easy to bash the call after it doesn't work.

Hopkins made some unbelievable catches. The Johnson catch he got hurt on was another.

The real difference in the game was that their WRs made great plays while our WRs did not.

Real frustrating that Hopkins is a pro bowl caliber guy but we are getting nothing from Hunter yet.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

TJ is right. At the end of the day we just made too many mistakes all around. And we were lucky to have even been in that game. It could've been a lot worse for sure.

I can recall two times in which we had EXCELLENT field position and we were only able to come away with 3 points. I just KNEW that was going to come back and bite us. Good teams take advantage of those situations.

Texans punter was on point all day long. Really killed us with field position most of the game.

9. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

also didnt wright do some returning i didnt want reynaud from the start but for some reason they are fixed on him

10. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

That drop was not Britts fault at all if Jake makes a good throw he goes for at least 15 yards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar