Who Survives The Defensive Transition?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

That's fair enough. I wasn't saying he was bad, just that I didn't have all the info and made an ass of me (assumed) they didn't want him back. Ignorant and uninformed. That's me these days.

2. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Zach Brown will be a monster blitzing from the 3-4, people are crazy if they think he isnt gonna start

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

He sucks.

He will get destroyed in the middle... RBs will just run him over.

He's a moron, douche, immature child, and I highly doubt the coaches like him.

This position is up for grabs. I still get the feeling Fokou will start. He sucks too, but at least he's not a head case lazy sack of sh*t.

Brown is gonna be a goner sooner or later. I'm pretty sure he is fat and out of shape right now.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yeah I have zero faith Brown will amount to anything.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Brown went from one of my favorite players, to someone who probably isn't even active half the games next year.

A lazy, entitled, malcontent.

• High Five High Five x 4
  6. 615nick

615nick Starter

Brown is an idiot and intitled, but he is an athletic freak. Maybe he is just immature and just needs time to grow.the f up. we would benefit greatly by horton and co putting a boot in his a## and a sock in his mouth. I think it happens and brown quiets up off the field and gets very loud on the field next season.

7. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agreed about Brown.

From one of my favorite to GFY in one season.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The 3-4 4-3 thing doesn't seem to matter that much if a guy can play. The Steelers used a high pick on Shazier who is more of a 4-3 will backer and he will likely play inside there and the Vikings a 4-3 team drafted Barr who is more of a 3-4 type guy. If you can play there is a place for you in an nfl defense.

My guess is that the vikings see Barr being like Von miller a SAM backer in the base set and putting his hand down in 4-2-5 and 4-1-6 packages on passing downs.

We didn't work out a deal with Wimbley if we were doubtful he could fit and Hill and Casey potentially could be real dynamic as 3-4 DEs.

Klug will play as a pass rusher in nickel and dime packages.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Would be very disappointing to see 2 2nd rd picks coming off the bench but ayers and Brown may not start in this defense. Brown may end up as a nickel cover linebacker which is less than we expected from him.

Brown is clearly the wild card, a 240 lb guy with that kind of speed we have to get something out of him.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What about 50% of the time when we are in the 4-2-5 or the 4-1-6 or occasionally the 3-3-5? You totally ignored that and that's 50% of our defensive reps.

So Morgan a 7 sack guy will be playing behind Ayers at OLB abnd 2 other guys as a 4-3 end? Think again. Morgan is starting somewhere on this defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar