Who should we take?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by 24, Oct 24, 2009.

?
  1. Jimmy Clausen

8 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Jake Locker

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  3. Sam Bradford

7 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Ndamukong Suh

26 vote(s)
    24.5%
  5. Gerald McCoy

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Eric Berry

30 vote(s)
    28.3%
  7. Taylor Mays

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  8. Carlos Dunlap

3 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. Joe Haden

6 vote(s)
    5.7%
  10. Trade Down/Someone Else

17 vote(s)
    16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I'm not too high on him either. He's a good corner, but I don't think he is worth a top half of the 1st round pick. This is a pretty weak CB class overall. There are a lot of good D-lineman and a couple good LBs, so drafting a "top" CB out of need could very likely have us end up with an average player (which would still be an improvement :ha:) and we would be passing on very talented players at other positions. I like Haden, but not at 15 and certainly not at 12 (since I don't know for sure where we'll be picking).

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

brian price or sean weatherspoon

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I like Brian Price a lot, especially if the Titans don't re-sign Tony Brown.

I've also decided Jason Paul Pierre (6'6 265 4.65 40), Brandon Graham (6'2 270 4.62 40) and Jerry Hughes (6'3 255 4.65 40), projected times, could each be a DE the Titans look at in one, depending on how their workouts go. JPP seems the most raw, but what reach that guy has.

As far as LBs go, I think the Titans could look hard at Rolando McClain, naturally, Sean Weatherspoon, of course, but Sergio Kindle as well. Kindle could be especially good if they return Bulluck for a season, as Kindle will be learning the intricacies of the LB position.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Oh. I mean Price as our first round pick.

Let me be honest...the Dline has me really worried. It's like the Titans aren't excelling anywhere along it, per se. I'd say Brown and Hayes were our "standouts" this year. I guess I'm pleased with both of their developments, but the team needs a strategy here, and a definite direction.

For starters, I would use the uncapped year to let Jovan Haye go. No offense to him, but that just wasn't the kind of impact we were looking for this year. I'd re-sign Brown for consistency.

I'd seriously consider Jones at DE on 1st and 2nd downs if we don't draft an immediate contributor. I say that since I don't quite see the Titans going after Merriman or Peppers, but that's the caliber of player they need on the outside.

They also need to somehow get a pick in round two. If they do take someone like Price, or a top-ranked LB or CB in one, IMO they still need to get a pass rusher in the 2nd, especially since the draft appears deep in that area.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

If Jones and Brown are the strength of the DL right now, why not go get 2 new DE's in the draft? Why draft a good player at a position we don't need and get a solid player at a position of need later?

Gut

6. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Um...

JPP is very raw and is a boom or bust type. He's also benefited GREATLY from mostly single blocking in college since Selvie has been the bigger threat on the other side and he hasn't quite made the most of it IMO.

6'2 pass rushers tend to not work out since they need to keep OT's off their pads so shorter guys tend to have too short of a reach. Of COURSE there are highly successful rare exceptions, but Graham and/or Hughes may need to go to a 3-4 D where they can learn drops and be 'semi' dedicated pass rushers. These are the kinds of guys that can drop right to a team like the Steelers. I think Hughes is also about 6'2. Both COULD play 4-3 DE but it's a question mark...plus Hughes would have to bulk up a bit.

Kindle is also in the same boat...might be best as a pass rushing 3-4 OLB but could also become a 4-3 DE. He would work best on an aggressive D that could 'unleash' him rather than have him read and react. He's better flowing to the ball and taking someone's head off. Right now I don't think Kindle's a 1st rnd pick but he looks like a workout warrior so he may be shooting up boards after the combine. Weatherspoon is probably the best football player...but we'll see how his athleticism holds up to NFL standards.

Gut

7. Carp

Carp Starter

He's not bad, but in a deeper draft Haden likely isn't a Top 20 pick. I'd rather spend the pick on a better player that fits another need.

8. Carp

Carp Starter

I don't think Price is worth a 1st rounder, but that's just me.

9. sCarecrow

sCarecrow Guest

What?!
    He is presumably the best corner in the draft! He is at least a Top15 pick!

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I want us to take Michael Hoomanawanui (TE ILL) 6th round. 6'4 270lbs. But 270lbs of muscle, unlinke Alge who's fat. And runs a 4.65 40.If we do lose Alge and Bo Scaife in the FA we have Stevens and Cook. Both good receiving TEs, we'll need a goaline TE....so who else than Hoomanawanui. I personally know Hoomanawanui and he's a sweet guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar