Who Should The Starting QB Be To Open The 2012 Season?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jun 23, 2012.

?
  1. Matt Hasselbeck

10 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. Jake Locker

30 vote(s)
    58.8%
  3. Not Sure At This Time

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowdy009

Rowdy009 Starter

Locker..

2. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

choose the over/under for these types of threads before a decision is made. I'll set the line are 7.5

3. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Here is the thing though, If Hass has ANY success in those first 4 games, going 2-2 would be a success in my opinion, how in the world are you going to pull him for Locker? You can't. And then you see Locker sitting for a second year. I'm sorry, but there are things you learn by actually playing in A GAME. Sure you learn a lot in practice but there is a lot to be learned from actual game experience. This day in age, QBs don't sit for 2+ yrs. Outside of Aaron Rodgers, who else has sat for 2 years?

On the other end, if Hass completely fails, then all will be saying we should have started Locker in the first place. In my opinion, if the reps are split 50-50 then Hass will be the starter. That is because Hass will have a leg up on Locker and it will seem Hass is getting more reps than Locker.

FTR, I want Locker to start. I get tired of watching Captain Checkdown throw a 5 yard pass in the middle of the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

the Locker fans are the new Vince Young fans.

Probably the same exact people. Fickle fans never learn.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there was zero choice except too be 'for' 'the Diva'. The alternative was kfc.

At least with JL there is a QB who does not totally blow chunks. MH will concede the QB position by the end of 2012 if not before IMO

And FWIW I have not noticed a bunch of Washington arsewipes signing up just too fawn over Jake, not saying they arent here but if they are they are pretty real quiet compared too the Tejas arse monkeys

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

For what its worth, here is Adam Schein's take on the matter (via Fox Sports.com)

8) Titanic battle

Titans quarterback Matt Hasselbeck told us on the SiriusXM Blitz that he actually suggested to Tennessee coach Mike Munchak at the end of last year to open up the quarterback competition. I think this is clearly the best quarterback battle in the NFL.

Hasselbeck, in my opinion, was great last year under the circumstances, when you factor in the lockout, the Kenny Britt injury and Chris Johnson’s lack of interest. But Munchak drafted Jake Locker in the top 10, with his first-ever draft pick. If it is even, I think Locker wins the job. And even if he isn’t the Week 1 starter, I think Locker will start more games than Hasselbeck at quarterback in Tennessee this year.

Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/new-york-jets-mark-sanchez-has-new-attitude-062112

7. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Hass is not going to take this team to the playoffs this year. Last year under Hass the Titans only averaged 20.3 pts/game. We only scored 30+ points twice last year, and that was against the 4-12 Browns, and the 6-10 Panthers That will be no where near enough to beat teams like the Pats/Steelers/Packers/Lions/Texans etc.

Last year Hass really struggled at moving the team down the field. Anyone who says otherwise did not watch the games last year. And for the people that say "well he did good at the first half of the season ..." when has performing well for HALF a season ever been good enough? No team makes the playoffs by doing well for the 1st half of the season. We someone who can play well for an ENTIRE season, and preferably get better as the season goes on, into the playoffs. I was bummed when the Titans missed the playoffs last year, but we were probably better off because Houston probably would've embarrassed us in the WC game.

IF we get CJ2K back, IF Britt stays healthy, and IF the young D plays well, then we might be able to get there under Hass. But that is a lot of IFs, and any average QB could get us there if all those things pan out (see KFC in 2008). Hass will not be able to take this team, put it on his shoulders and lead this team to the playoffs ala Brady, Manning, Rodgers.

Hass is an average QB, who beat the average teams last year on his way to an average record ... that is not good enough for me. I want an elite QB. Will Locker be that guy? I hope so, but I have no idea. I do know that Hass will NEVER be that guy. Starting him anymore is a waste of time.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. Thaddeus43

Hmm ... He has a completely different tone than a few weeks ago when he basically said that Hass was going to be the unquestioned starter week 1

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Locker wins the job but we go 0-4 youll all be going nuts. If Hasselbeck has that same kind of start youll all be thrilled and calling for Locker. I like both QBs so I dont mind either way. Yes it would be nice for Locker to get the job and win us games but if he struggles, everyone will lose faith and have a bad time this year. Hass sucks and we have hope Locker can save the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

10. Thaddeus43

Not true. I think most people know that the schedule is really hard starting out, and that Locker will make mistakes, especially in the beginning. So if we go 0-4, at least we are working toward the future. I don't think most real fans would give up on him after 4 games.

I also think it would be better for the team overall this season if Jake starts. Most people here, and even the media, concede that if Locker will start at some point this season. Whether it is Hass starting out 0-4, or him getting injured. Then when we put Locker in he will still have to adjust to the NFL and being the starter. We basically lose 4 weeks if that is the case. If we put Locker in right away and he goes 0-4, then by the time we get to week 5 he should be adapting to the game already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar