Who Should Start In The Backfield Come Season Opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by LT21Titans27, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I agree completly Swammy

2. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

This is sad but probably true.

It would be nice to get some protection and lanes created by the line with a personnel adjustment or two. That's probably hoping for a lot, and I really think it is, but I'm feeling like something has to be better than what we're getting from our current configuration.

If we could get some holes, then potentially all of our running backs could look good. Real good. This is what we really need more than anything.

Brown will be the starter. If he can improve on his health (I'd settle for that) it will go a long way for us.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

I am not a Vol fan! They are the natural enemy of my college! Yeccchhhh! Vol fans should be trapped and put in de-programming.

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Please tell me your not what I think you are, elf...........

I think we need to see White carry the ball 20-30 times before we pass any kind of judgement on him. He seems like the type of back that needs a lot of carries to get into a good rythym. Should Brown or Henry not be able to cut it, I'm all for White starting early. And if we could conjure up some blocking, any of our backs can be good, IMO. (I wanna see Bell back at guard, instead of Piller.)

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I want to see Roos, Amano, Mawae, Bell and Stewart for the last preseason game. That should tell us if we need Piller and Olson. I know the Aints aren't a great team, but I was still impressed with Amano and Bell on the right side in that game.

6. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Chris Brown. No debate.

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

We've got perhaps the best stable of running backs in the league when you look at them as a collective. I'm big on Brown, Henry and White. I think they are excellent backs. It appears our offensive line is going to be lower tier, though, so it really won't make any difference.

It was frustrating to watch last night as our backs kept getting met behind the line of scrimmage putting us in 2nd and longs, 3rd and longs, etc. It looked just like last year. We'd get a little behind, give up on the run, become predictable... game over.

We could start OJ Simpson in his prime and not be an effective running team with that kind of blocking.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

OJ could stab holes through any line.

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If it does not fit...

[​IMG]

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

I think the team should take heavy consideration on starting Lendale White, weve seen what Brown and Henry can do, and i think based on what Henry did in Buffalo, that Henry is the better back, especaly long term due to Browns injury prone career, regardless, i say Pound teh rock with White, rookie or not, he knows how to run the ball, and Norm Chao knows his strenghs and weaknesses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar