Who Said Vince Young Couldn't Throw?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plato

plato Camp Fodder

We might have played better against Kurt Warner... He can be a turnover machine at times..

As far as beating the top 4 teams in the NFL who all have future Hall Of Fame QB's and more talent than us... I don't know?

Houston gave Indy all they wanted twice this season..

I think we can at least compete now... Something I began to wonder about earlier this year..

I don't see another 59-0 score anytime soon..

2. VY_HaveMyBaby

VY_HaveMyBaby Camp Fodder

0-6 Record
    406 yds / gm
    31 pts / gm
    scored 0 points

5-0 Record
    326 yds / gm
    18 pts / gm
    scored 18 pts

I'd say the DEF is better!

Just sayin....

3. LightningJ28

LightningJ28 Camp Fodder

hey

Did anyone else see Mike Wilbon on Pardon the Interruption compare Vince Young to John Elway? He said Vince Young has John Elway in him. That's nice to hear.

4. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

That's right! Vince is better and his stats prove it. But when the debate raged last year we always heard that stats didn't matter. I guess we can expect a lot of flip flops of opinion about the importance of QB ratings and interceptions, etc?

Rock on VY, KEEP IT UP!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

I don't care how much you love and support VY, if you've been watching Titans games for the last four years you can't deny that he's had some struggles in the passing game. The guy I watched lead the 99-yard TD drive yesterday is much improved from what we saw in the past. This is the grown-up Vince that's really starting to understand what it takes to be a NFL QB and I truly believe he's only going to get better.

6. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

I will confess, i am not a huge fan of "Quar-ta-back" vince, matter of fact I was at the game this sunday and i was getting pissed off that he was passing too much and not using his legs that much. Well I have to admit, he was right to do what he did. I came back and viewed the game again on video and his WRs were indeed wide open. I even understood why he almost never dumped off a single ball to CJ. At times watching the game live, he looked wide open for a huge gain. But on video you clearly see the reason why VY had a great day. CJ was moving those linebackers like a freakin puppet master.

Vy's refusal to depend too much on CJ also tells me that he is working well with Dinger. I am guessing that dinger was showing him the game photos of how wide open his WRs were the game before because the lbs were always keyed in on CJ.

Best play he had by far was the huge completion on 4th down, right before his major screw up with 8 seconds left to go in the first half. (Watch his head movement and see him go through his progressions.) Also, watch the lb chasing CJ around (if you want a good laugh).

I dont want VY to be a passing QB, i want him and CJ to present teams with the unstoppable two headed beast of a VY run threat or CJ run threat. His passing improvements are much appreciated, but i sure has hell dont want him to regress to the 2008 antics of wanting to be the next manning!

Run VY run...(i did love how he punished the texans with endless third down runs, it was a thing of beauty)

7. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

lol

Pass too much people get angry.

Run too much people get angry.

Don't depend on CJ people get angry.

Depend on CJ people get angry.

I think our O and D just need to strap on jetpacks and fly around the field with mallets whalloping the other team on the head. That would make everyone's day!

The change to the pass was good. You don't "forget how to run". I love that he actually MOVES around when defenders are after him. You never know if he's gonna break off into a run for the 1st down and sideline or keep looking for that WR.

He throws great while on the run as we've seen over and over. Thats makes him dangerous because you never know what he's going to do.

But I kidna agree.....we need to make sure not to OVERDEPEND on the pass...need to develop that Run game even further then it is now.

It's just like politics ;p

8. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

I agree but I think he was just taking what the defense gave him. I think that Arizona didn't want him to run so they kept him in the pocket and played zone so he couldn't run. All they did was let our WR and TE run free all day long. I guess they thought Vince couldn't beat him with his arm. They were wrong.

I am just really happy that Vince is doing so well right now. It is even better because he still has a lot of room to improve. If he keeps getting better at the same rate he could be the most feared QB in 2-3 years.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Palm to face

10. kdizzle

kdizzle Camp Fodder

He has improved this year in the following things. He isn't fumbling as much when he gets hit. He had the one fumble but it was self induced. I remember that he seemed to go overboard with the stand in the pocket advice and was getting nailed sometimes. Now, not so much.

He is hitting the deep ball much more accurately. No one can dispute this. He has had more deep balls thown accurately in the last five games than in his previous 2.1 years. His timing has improved a lot with his receivers and he is hitting them in stride for easy catches.

He is hitting the 20 yard deep out route over and over again. He isn't just checking down for the 3 yard gain. He is showing poise in the pocket but scrambles and runs when needed. He has found the right balance in that category. His throwing motion seems improved to me.

He is throwing better on the run. The pass to Kenny Britt on the crossing route for the td was right on the money. He would have short armed it previously

He is hitting people in stride. Since he turned pro he seemed to have timing issues or was accurate hitting mostly only mostly stationary targets.

He has matured in his atittude. He has gotten away from his overconcern for what type of QB he should be. He seems to take criticism more productively and trying to learn from the mistakes. I haven't seen him make the same mistake twice.

The point I have is if you have been a UT fan and had followed Vince, you would have seen how much improvement from year to year that he made as a QB there. That's why I felt strongly that giving up on him was way premature.

Regardless of his deficiences, he was always a great leader and came through in the clutch over and over again. He had the meltdown during one game last year but I've said over and over again, he just wasn't used to the criticism being a product of Texas football and with the amount of success he had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar