Who Said Vince Young Couldn't Throw?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Just because some people doubted VY could rise to the occasion and improve his game enough to be a good NFL QB doesn't mean they won't acknowledge it when he plays well. Basically up until this game, despite the wins in the earlier starts, VY had yet to prove he could do what he just did. He won a game with his arm from the pocket. Well done.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Colts still wont respect Vy's arm and will stack the box on CJ.

So get ready for another nail biter IMO, VY has a history of 4th Q nail biters with us. i think Sunday will be no different.

3. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Yea..he ate some earlier today on Mike n Mike. NOW he says..the game has slowed down for VY. It took a 300+yrd performance for him to acknowledge that? I honestly think too many analyst are obessed with the numbers..which is why many analyst will give the nod to a QB like Cutler before VY. Since VY came in week 8 he has shown consistent improvement in his game..was he running? Yes..but when he HAD to..not running just to run like before. He was keeping his eyes down field..reading coverages etc..These are all great improvements thats been there the last 4 games. I think CC eyes are a little foggy

4. titans4life10

titans4life10 Camp Fodder

Im starting to wonder just what the Colts are planning defensively for next week.

Can CJ destroy a team if there isnt 8+ in the box....check

Can VY run for first downs if no one is spying him....check

But now all of a sudden...you put a spy on VY he is seeing it, and knowing he has a one on one or an open TE somewhere, AND making the read and throw....that just added a completely new dimension to his game.

Every blog Ive read about Vince since yesterday is pretty much people opening their eyes...he is dangerous now, possibly can burn you in anyway...something Vick couldnt do with passing, and McNabb hasnt fully done in years now.

I said it 2 years ago, you put some weapons around Vince that other QB's have, and all of a sudden he is a "real" QB, yesterdays game just established that....and lets remember Gage was out...which I hope he will be back next week.

5. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

What we have to remember here is Young and Johnson put up 450 yds and we were one failed 4th down conversion/miracle batted ball away from only scoring 1 TD, 13 points and losing to a team at home playing with their backup QB. Add to that our defense held them to one of their lowest outputs all season......
    I just don't see how we can beat the Indys, NE's, NO's and Vikings of the NFL. I guess thats why they play the game..

6. LightningJ28

LightningJ28 Camp Fodder

Yeah

I agree with it all except hoping Gage will be back. Yes, Gage had 2 big catches before he got hurt. But, Kenny Britt is playing better football than any receiver on our roster. It took Gage getting hurt to give Britt the chance to shine. Britt is a big playmaker. He gets YAC unlike Gage.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titans4life10

I want Gage back because he is another weapon....you dont have to take anything away from Britt at all, Britt has come up huge in Gage's absense.

But think of this...Gage, Britt, Washington, Scaife and CJ all around Vince at the same time? If your the opposing Defense who do you pick to be your priority?

Sure at first you say CJ, but look what happened to Arizona when they decided to focus on him. More weapons means more challenges, and im all for that.

8. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Agreed !! More weapons the better. Anything that gives the defense more to think about im all for.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm really impressed with the development of the WR Core. It's really helping out VY. Washington and Britt are impressive. Gage (who's hurt) has been playing well. Even Hawkins is getting playing time!! Would like to see Jared Cook some more tho.

Vince Young is InVincible once again.

10. titans4life10

Vince w/ a WR Corp of Gage/Britt/Washington is far better than Jones/Roydell/Roby 2 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar