Who likes M. Mariani

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aday25, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Its not our QB problems that limit the numbers put up by our WR. I dont recall quite well our passing stats when we made our run to the play offs with kerry collins two years ago..(what the heck i will stop being lazy and look em up)

Collins who fits the mould of the pocket passer Jeff fisher apparently loves completely about 58% of his passes, finished the season with an 80 rating, 12 tds and 7 ints.

The truth of the matter is, with or without a "proto type" qb, we are a running team first and passing team second. Jeff Fisher doesnt have us passing for about 20-25 attempts per game because he doesnt trust VY, but because we have a lot invested in a solid offensive line and of course an incredible running back.

Kenny Britt is by far one of the best run blocking WRs in the league (i would put him second to Hines Ward) now only if he could play with his fire and killer instinct.

Remember that old man who we lost to the ravens and he some how exploded and became one of their biggest assets?

I see people like Britt in that Mould. Marianni too. And i know its early but i dont think its right to compare Marianni to Drew Bennett. Mariani has more heart and game awareness than that over rated doofus..

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure what people are seeing but he is 3 inches shorter than Bennett but he is also 3 inches taller than Wade. The kid isn't small, he is 6'1. He will probably bulk up significantly in a few years and add some weight to his 190 pound frame. Right now he is a little lanky. He certainly isn't a little WR.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

based on all DWs fumbles or just pure hope?

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

How hard is it to look up these things? The internet?

We have averaged about 30 passes per game the last several years.

:suspect:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Paul Williams is done. I don't ever want to read his name on here ever again. He's not worth my eyes scrolling from left to right and back. Dudes a dud.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Couldn't hurt to keep Mariani and put him at the bottom of the depth chart. He could become a good WR someday but not right now. I rather use a roster spot on him than take the risk of putting him on PS and someone picking him up.

7. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I dislike him.Yes i said it and I know you all are gonna disagree with me.
    I think he may take away playing time from Hawk so F him.
    I don't want a PROJECT WR and with 20 to 24 passes a game(with Vince) his not gonna get any touches.

Cut him and make room for the D line or O line.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wait, you don't want a project WR?

But your reason is that it'll take away from Hawkins?

Now that's some strange logic.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

Wow Gunny sure hope you got an oriental friend.

Mariani reminds me of Drew Bennett (the one season he was good).

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

The only person taking playing time away from Hawk is Hawk. Talk about project receivers. Every year, you hear it's time for Hawkins to join the party. I'm pretty sure he never read the invitation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar