Who likes M. Mariani

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Aday25, Aug 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Although I agree with you that preseason isn't worth a whole lot, he has made good of the chances given, and him being a rookie may actually give him an advantage over say p. williams...they already know what PW brings, Mariani on the other hand has potential to be better or just as talented as PW.

2. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

Drew was good for a while and was a lot better then some of our WRs in the past, Mariani does remind me a little of him...

On a team with a bunch of no name WRs of course he has a shot. And I think he makes it.

3. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I like mariani as well but putting him ahead of hawkins is ridiculous. Hawk has speed, and is a great route runner. He's a playmaker. His problem was mental. Getting a grasp of the offense, which he has. A fully developed hawk is more valuable that a a fully developed Mariani. I say we keep 6 because Mariani is gonna do returns hopefully and Fisher has stated we need to get Hawk the ball so he will be activated as well. My suggestion. Tell Gage his thumb injury is worse than we thought and throw him on ir :)

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm pretty sure we'll keep 6 WRs, and Mariani will be listed as #5 over Damian Williams. He's outplaying him as a returner and receiver. Period.

Edison, who has not been featured at all, will go the PS if he clears waivers.

(This is all Kenny Britt's fault. If he showed up as a stud in the offseason, matured, the Titans might have seriously moved Gage this offseason.I get the feeling that Washington/ Britt/ Hawkins is the starting trio the coaches would have liked to have seen, but Britt didn't do his part.)

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

You are smoking crack. According the QB gurus on this board, he will never develop because we don't have a QB who can get him the ball.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No, Britt will develop and be a pro-bowl quality WR (similar to Vincent Jackson). He just won't ever crack 1000 yards with this QB.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

It's been such a small sample it's hard for me to say Mariani is better than D Williams. I still feel that if you gave both guys 50 returns each D Williams would look better overall in the end.

8. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

Mariani reminds me of Drew Bennett..........An i liked Drew Bennett,

9. Thefreak

Thefreak Shut Down Corner

In what way does he remind you of Drew Bennett? Drew was a tall rangy guy with deceptive top end speed. He would go up and get the jump balls thrown to him much like Justin Gage.

Mariani is more of a slot receiver with good initial burst and good lateral quickness. If I were to compare Mariani to someone who played for us before it would be Bobby Wade. I think the kid definately has a future with us.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

The way I've made sense of it:

If you're a Titan and a white receiver, you're a potential "Drew Bennett."

If you are a short white receiver, you're a potential "Wes Welker."

That's not just people on this board, that's media in general.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar