Who is YOUR Titans' starting D-Line???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickmsmith, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Post who you would start as your 4 DL for the Titans this year, or a whole depth chart, and give a rationale.

Mine:

RE: KVB

DT: Jones

DT: Brown

LE: Kearse-with Ford getting about 50% of snaps

My only controversial pick here is Jason Jones. I have high hopes for him, he's got a good motor, and I don't think Jovan Haye has done much to prove himself a starter.

Also, I wouldn't want to officially bench Kearse, he hasn't deserved that, but he should give up more of his PT to Ford especially, and also Hayes.

2. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

All of our DLinemen are strong, they'll all be rotated frequently to keep them fresh and effective throughout the season.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

This is what I say.
    Nick's lineup above should denote the standing starting rotation, but it's neglible seeing as how the other guys will be out on the field most likely within the first or second series anyway.
    If everyone can stay healthy and Fish/Cecil can strategically rotate players in and out, we are going to lay waste to opposing O lines.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

We should have a fresh d-line this season.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I would start Kearse at LDE with Ford getting almost half the reps Kearse does (trying to keep Kearse alive for January), KVB at RDE with Hayes and Ball coming and going, and at LDT Brown with Marks rotating in, and wrapping it up at RDT with Haye and Jones flip flopping. We saw Jones fill in vs. Pittsburgh and do great, but I give the nod to the veteran from Tampa.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I would like to see more of dave ball this season. You can tell kvb has taught him a thing or two.

7. desfletcher316

desfletcher316 Occasional visitor

I dont think it matters who "starts". Were gonna be terrorising QBs all season long with whoevers in there.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

even rookie QB's ?

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Thank you for being the first to actually respond.
    Everyone else: Tell the players it doesn't matter who starts. It's supremely important to the, I guarantee it.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

chief red hat is no longer calling the plays, remember?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar