Who is your college team?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by TitanMatt, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

...i'm not seeing your point here? I wasn't stomping down on the FCS, but the fact that an FCS team beat a top 5 FBS team was and still will be looked at as a huge deal. As close as some may have come, no one had before then.

And the appy state game was 2 years ago. Last years michigan was the one that lost that toledo game in the same way (as I pointed out earlier post) Tennessee lost to wyoming. That michigan two years ago still went on to 8-2 before ending 9-4 with a victory over UF in the citrus bowl.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Thanks. Since RollTide wanted to throw an SEC plug in his post. Tebow and that SEC speed... :)

3. maximus

maximus Starter

Appy State noticed things in the film room in preparation for the game. The Michigan defense left the middle of the field open. They exposed that. At least thats what the Appy State coaches said later.

Oh, and MTSU runs the spread. The same version of the spread that beat OkState and led to Troy's rise to power.
    Pro Football Hall of Famer John Hannah says of the system that MTSU runs "If both teams have players who are equal in talent, this offense is impossible to stop"

4. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I was actually pointing out that he had combined two seasons. The appy state loss was in 2007 and the 8-9 losses were in 2008.

Not sure what plug you're talking about, all he said about the SEC teams could beat up on GA southern....who's like a southern conference school with UTC

I think more than anything he was bringing up that alot of AA schools are now 1-A. that and he combined the legendary upset of appy state 2 years ago with the wolverines 9 loss season (which my toledo example came from) of last year

And tebow and that SEC speed won them another national championship; that's 2 in 3 years

5. Deuce Wayne

Yep. Thanks to Sweater-Vest wearing Tressel.

I hope this year they make them play USC if it's in question like last year.

6. xTitanNicx

xTitanNicx Camp Fodder

I don't follow college as closely as I used to but I've been a UGA fan since Mark Richt took over as head coach. I more or less just watch college now to see what the talent heading into the NFL will be like.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Mark Richt: the SEC's new Phil Fulmer.

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

ROLL TIDE!!!

I, also, follow GT pretty closely.

9. Deuce Wayne

Dwyer is going to tear it up this year.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

What do you think about Demaryius Thomas? He looks the part, and would probably post really good numbers if Tech threw the ball every once in a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar