Who is our best weapon on offense?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Oct 21, 2013.

?
  1. Chris Johnson

17.2%
  2. Jake Locker

45.3%
  3. Kendall Wright

34.4%
  4. Nate Washington

3.1%
  5. Other, please state

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I doubt we reach an agreement on this. Best if we agree to disagree.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Really, my entire reasoning behind starting this thread was to show a few people, ironically neither of you two, that CJ is not 'clearly' the best player on the team. About 70% of the board agrees anyway. Got some decent discussion out of it.

But you are correct, agree to disagree.

3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Well in that case you certainly proved your point. The poll results are conclusive. I hope you guys are right. I'd rather have my QB be the best player on my team than my running back.

4. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

I think at this point it's obvious you have a grudge of some sort. But for kicks:

McCoy has had 6 games under 40 yards rushing while missing 6 games. CJ has had 14 games under 40 yards rushing while missing zero games. So that is 12 games of less than 40 yards production from McCoy, and 14 games of less than 40 yards of rushing from CJ. Do those 2 games hold that much weight in your mind?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well yea, I hope the guy that always touches the ball is better than the runningback.

I have no grudges against CJ. One of my favorite players of all time was Barry Sanders. I thought CJ was destined for the hall, like I mentioned earlier, I have never seen anyone glide in and out of their cuts like he did. I don't know what happened between now and then, because he isn't that old, but he just isn't as agile or as quick as he was.

Regardless, I really don't even like McCoy. That just seems to be the guy everyone wants to see him used as, and I have not seen McCoy's athletic ability drop like CJ's. That was my actual point.

6. damersbrah

damersbrah Special Teams Standout

And for the record, McCoy only has 3 rushing TDs in the last 12 games he has played, not counting the 4 he missed due to injury.

There is no doubt CJ's play and production has regressed, but it happens to every player. Every player is going to see ups and downs throughout their career depending on an innumerable amount of variables. My point is that while CJ has struggled, he is still better than most of the RBs out there. There is no doubt we need more from him, but the coaches need to do a better job of setting not just him, but their entire offense up to be successful. People on this board seem to be overly critical. And I get they are just passionate about Titans' football, but we need to keep reality in perspective.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's completely different though because the Eagles were (and are) a pass first team. We've always been a run first team, and when CJ can't top 40 yards (regardless of the OL) it's pretty pathetic. And it's happening week in and week out. He has barely 100 yards rushing in the last four games combined.

It is tragic we paid him all that money... because we'd be a hell of a lot better right now if we could've spread that ~$13mil around to someone like Dumervil, Avril, Bennett, etc. We missed out badly on getting Avril and Bennett - who both ended up signing with the Seahawks and making that defense even better. And they were reasonably priced. Then there's the unlikely scenario we could've signed Welker. He signed for 2 years/$12mil with Denver. Obviously Peyton Manning had everything to do with his decision, and he would've been crazy to sign here unless we offered a lot more, which we could have if CJ wasn't here. Just sayin'.

CJ has really set this team back. That said, I still said he's our best weapon on offense... just gotta find better ways to utilize his talents.

Part of me wants him the hell off this team, so we can focus on building a better offense around Jake, but part of me also fears he will dominate somewhere else and haunt us if we let him walk. I don't know. We don't really have an option though... either take a massive pay cut or GTFO.

8. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

What bugs me is that when he goes on a tear after the bye everyone will just say "he did that against weak opponents".

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well, it would be nice if we could count on the highest paid RB in league history (before AP) to do well against strong opponents too... that's where we need him to show up.

10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well if we are not going to get the production out of him, might as well. This isn't FF.

Well, not to be a troll, but that would be a solid reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar