Who Had The Greatest Titan Season Ever?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by MariGOATa, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Has to be CJ. He set NFL records and had arguably one of the best seasons for an NFL RB ever.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

This. If you look at the score against in each game that season it is crazy how high it jumped when he got hurt. We were giving up 10, 7, 12, etc. he got hurt and we were giving up 28, 35, 32, etc. I have never seen a single dt make such a difference on a defense. He masked a ton of weaknesses.

And with all that said, gotta give it to cj.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. MCMLXXXIII

MCMLXXXIII Starter

At least the greatest fantasy football playoffs by a waiver wire player ever.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. SouthSide1

SouthSide1 615 STRONG

I'll have to go with CJ. If he got to the 2nd level you were not going to catch him.

5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Definitely between CJ and Fat Al. I'd probably pick Albert, but I wouldn't call anyone wrong for picking CJ. Kinda tough to compare a DT's season to a RB's. Albert's season may not have been as flashy, but it was just as impressive. If not more so.

Also worth noting that we sold out in that final game to get CJ over 2K. He hadn't had 30 carries all season long and he got 36 in that game (plus that one long run that was called back). That certainly doesn't take anything away from how great he was that season though. But if he hadn't hit that magic 2K number, would people look back on that season as less prestigious? I really don't know. I imagine it wouldn't be talked about quite as much though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

How about McNair CO MVP season?

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Good thread.

We have CJ2K vs. McNair's MVP vs. Haynesworth's contract season.

I think it goes to CJ2K. He was a blown call from owning the single-season record. He played at a different level that season than anything I'd ever seen.

8. kstone

kstone Starter

That 2004 Volek to Bennett combo would almost win fantasy games for me just off those two.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Gotta go Fat Al here. He single handedly put all 4 of our DBs in the pro bowl. Making them look completely different than what they were in reality.

10. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

CJ2k
    McNair Co-MVP
    Haynesworth contract year
    The Freak rookie year (still had a good career but would have been a hall of famer if his legs didn't get destroyed early in his career).

S. Rolle in 2000 gets a nod too, for being the best defensive player on the most stacked Tennessee Titans team of all time and the greatest defense in franchise history. I feel like Rolle is the most slept on Tennessee Titan.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar