Who else is worried about Finn starting Sunday?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Arcane, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

To be fair to Mcfadden , its not fair to judge him when the Oline was not up to par with a normal NFl oline. I don't care what Rb your talking about if there is no hole or IF your Lineman(Center and RG) are constantly getting thrown in the backfield your not going to be able to do anything.

There is a reason Raders moved their rookie OT Jared Veldheer 6'8 315 to Center.(He can hold the point of position on line of scrimmage- something Satele couldn't ) Sooner Or later Raiders other rookie OT Bruce Campbell 6'7 315 will move into the starting lineup at RG.(replace weakling cooper Carlisle) When that happens raiders will have an Oline that should open some serious holes for the Rb's.( a physical Oline with alot of speed) Than we can accurately judge Mcfadden as a RB.

Getting Back to Mcfadden at WR. There is no doubt from NFl people that have seen Mcfadden as a reciever, that he can easily make the switch to WR fulltime. He a way bigger Charlie garner that has real legitimate Wr skills. Has ideal Wr size 6'2 210 4.33 speeds , hands and can run Wr pass routes.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

McFadden needs to learn how to stay on the field.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm with you to a point Arcane, Finnegan did look really rusty but this is the perfect situation for him to shake all that off. And I think that is fairly overrated by us fans but is rather underrated league-wide. He's gonna be even better with AH back and without Nick Harper on the other side.

4. Raider9175

Raider9175 Starter

Lets talk Facts. NObody challenge N Asomugha he only sees around 30 passes all year. (less than 2 passes per game) I guarantee Finnegan sees alot more passes than that . D Revis last year saw 135 passes thrown his way. ( why he had one of the greatest season a Cb has had) This year he will get N Asomugha respect and he will see very few football thrown his way. (for that reason he will never have another year loike that ever again)

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

And if Revis does have another year like that again then he'll legit in my book. He's good no doubt about it but I don't think he's as good as Rex Ryan and the Jets have hyped him up to be.

Nmamdi is good too but we'll see just how good come Sunday and I can't wait for that. Should Vince have a good day against these DBs it'll be a good sign of how much he's worked to improve.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Hopefully Vince is smart enough to throw away from 21 every time.

7. Preditan

Preditan --- --- --- --- Staff

Nmadi Asomugha is one of my favorite players.....his shut down CB skills are unbelievable. I am sure Finnegan could learn a thing or two from him....

Come Sunday, Finnegan will be ready....he just needed a few pre-season games to get back to speed. I am more worried about Griffin than Finnegan...I hope he improves after a not-so-good season last year.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I've had a few (or 8) tonight...just got back from the Pixies show...

Didn't Finny practice with Asomugha or Reevis this offseason? Or was that LAST offseason?

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm so glad we drafted Woolfolk over Asomugha.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

^^If I could high five you twice, I would.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar