Who do YOU want Titans to pick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Riverman, Jan 6, 2006.

?
  1. Bush

15 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Leinart

11 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. Young

42 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. Ferguson

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. AJ Hawk

3 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Cutler

2 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Trade down

4 vote(s)
    5.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How severe were these knee injuries?

2. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

Good Morning Everyone.

I am admittedly not a huge NFL fan, and I don't particularly have a NFL team that I follow. My Sundays are usually pretty hectic, and I don't get home most of the time until well after, most games have went off of the tube. {I grew up watching the Cowboys and The Oilers, being a Texas homer}

With That said, I am a die-hard Longhorn fan. Who has followed Vince Young since, his days of High School. This kid is a phenomenal talent. And he does more for a team than the stats indicate.

I don't know if he will fit into your organization... but I would really like to see him in Tenessee...

I would like to give a quick breakdown of alot of the messages I have been seeing around the net concerning Vince.

1.) He does have a strong arm, he is a very big strong kid, he doesn't fire balls in alot for whatever reason, but he has the ability to do so... I have seen him put it on a rope when he has had too.

2.)Texas has always been run first, team, since Mack Brown has been at Texas, he would establish the run, and when he wasn't able tooo... he would still try and run the ball. When Roy Williams, and co. graduated, Defenses would stack 8 - 9 in the box, and dare Texas to throw the ball... They had a red-shirt freshman quarterback, and no proven talent at WR, so we saw the Zone Read be implemented, to open the field up. Vince is not a run first, pass later QB... Most of his runs, are designed runs, which are called in by the OC.

3.)The Tight-end in the Texas offense is used as a 3 or 4rth Reciever. The TE usually streaks 10-15 yards in the secondary... taking a Linebacker with him, to make provisions for the running game... and then every few posessions he creeps 20-30 yards down the field. Lots of times the TE is wide open in the middle of the field, so Vince dumps it 10 yards to him to move the chains. Also coming into this season, not a single Texas Receiver had caught a touch down pass... The TE was the only sure set of hands.

4.)Vince is 30-2 as a starter, but he elevates the entire team to play at another level. Last Year when they played in the Rosebowl and was down two scores in the fourth. Vince went over to Coach Brown, patted him on the stomache, and said "Don't Worry Coach I got this"; This year, the entire team, said "If we get the ball, back... to Vince, we will win" He just has that IT factor.

5.)The stats don't give a true indication of how he scorched teams, outside of tOSU, A&M, and USC; he was often sat on the bench early in the second half, or relegated to hand-off duty. And he did this despite, DC coming into the game focused on shutting him down. When tOSU said, we will make him beat us with his arm, he did.

6.)He made strides this year, in the film room, despite not having a good QB coach. Greg Davis, has long been the brunt of the Longhorns fans rage. He has had stellar talent, and average at best play calling, Vince has been the first one, to make average play calling look exceptional. Chris Simms was the #1 High School Recruit, So was Vince, and Chance Mock, was the #1 QB in Texas, top 10 prospect. Despite all the talent at QB... they were never developed. If Vince falls into the right situation, where his potential can be coached up... I know this sounds like homerism... you may be looking at one of the Great Ones.

Not trying to post to prove anyone wrong or cause an argument, just giving some things to look at.

also checkout jcdenton40.com... lots of Vince Highlights, to form an opinion for yourself.

also sorry for the novel on my first post...:banned:

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Great post. A lot of insight on some key things. I think Vince would fit well with us, because he has the will to learn and be good; TN can offer him that year or two he needs to get there, IMO.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think that that was also a great post. I would be happy with young, and hope he can be the star you think he can be.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That is class.

6. CanadaTitan

CanadaTitan Guest

young, then a safety, then lb, then lb, then c, then g, then takcle then potentially look for a p and wr in FA

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I say we draft Max if he is there in the 2nd and sign a LB or Safety in Free Agents.

8. Bulluck

Bulluck Camp Fodder

Would Darnell Bing in the 2nd be a possibility

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Bing will last until the 2nd round but so much depends on the combine and how these guys time out in the drills. From what I saw in the Texas game he is overated but I haven't had a chance to get a good look at him other than that game.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Yea, he didn't show me anything. Plus, the last thing we need is another injury prone defensive player. If he had played well, he might be worth the risk, but I just didn't see anything worth taking it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar