Who do you want at 5?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titanthakur, Apr 4, 2017.

?

Who do you want at pick 5?

Poll closed May 4, 2017.
  1. Jamal Adams

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  2. Jonathan Allen

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  3. Corey Davis

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  4. Solomon Thomas

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  5. Marshon Lattimore

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  6. OJ Howard

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. Malik Hooker

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. John Ross

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. Haason Reddick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Mike Williams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Other

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

Cook was a cheap asset who the team couldn't wait to get rid of, which is a red flag. His production over the first 3 seasons really wasn't much more than Kendall Wright, especially considering he had a HOF QB throwing to him. I think they could easily find someone at #18 who is just as productive, doesn't display that a selfish attitude, and will be cheaper over the next 5 seasons.

2. titanman1987

titanman1987 Starter

Wide out has been a need of ours for years now. The only difference is that we didn't have jrob. Having a player like Ross or Davis can open up a lot in our offense. Our run defense was great last year and with Logan Ryan our pass defense will be better. This draft is deep with defensive talent. Can we afford to pass on a potential star receiver. Our offense can succeed with the running game and TE play but with a true #1 threat i feel we can make a playoff run.

3. titanthakur

titanthakur Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. abc2330

abc2330 Pro Bowler

But that also has to do with a young QB who struggled mightily at the beginning of the season. They should improve next year due to the simple fact that Mariota will have another year under his belt and more time to develop rapport with Walker and Matthews. It's clear that they do need more receivers to compliment those guys, but the cupboard was completely bare when Robinson arrived. I think we'll see at least 2 or 3 targets for Mariota selected in the draft.

5. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I agree we weren't a top 10 offense, but the least passing yards goes hand in hand with near the bottom in pass attempts (28th).

A top WR wont help that much if we continue to "exotic smashmouth" the ball.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Don't tell JC that he is convinced Walker can't block

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We hardly ask him to in our scheme tho. More than capable however

8. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Instead of throwing around insults, why don't you do a little research. The fact are the facts, our offense did fine last year. We didn't have a lot of passing yards because we didn't throw the ball a lot. Our passing game was efficient. Our passing defense was not. End of story.

A #1 receiver would be nice, a fix for our secondary is essential to winning a Super Bowl.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  9. NotoriousZEUS

NotoriousZEUS Rookie

Not a top 10 offense, yet we were 8th in offensive TDs with a second year QB coming off injuries and other new players at half the positions nonetheless.

We lost our games 30-20 on average. It's very obvious what the problem with this team is.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  10. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Yea defense. Not sure if you were trying to argue my point. I don't think we should use either 1st on offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar