Who do we take at 8?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJB

DJB Starter

How would Julio Jones immediately make a huge impact on a team with Chris Johnson, Kenny Britt, and a cast off/rookie QB? He'd be at best the third option. I'd think a defensive player would be more likely to make an immediate impact.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The hell he is. Bulluck just didn't start because we had a good vet ahead of him in Robinson.

They are not competing options. Both Wrs should catch about 4-5 balls a game and teams can't double both of them. If one has a poor game the other can make up for it with a great game. They would benefit each other and would keep the SS out of the box which helps our running game.

You actually made a case for drafting Jones because teams would not be able to stop everything we could do. We can complete about 20 passes a game with maybe 9 going to those guys.

3. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I agree with Rolltide that if a defensive stud is not on the board then Julio Jones would be a good pick. If we do take Jone at 8 (I think Cleavland will grab him before us) then we would have a truly potent offense.

WR: Kenny Britt/ Julio Jones/ Nate Washington/Damian Williams/Marc Mariani
    TE: Craig Stevens/ Jared Cook
    HB: Chris Johnson/ Travis Clay/ Javon Ringer

That right there is a deep roster of young and talented skill position players. It think the disconnect here is what qualifies as a defensive stud.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Julio Jones has been overhyped his entire collegiate career.

Countless times I've watched Alabama games and he's invisible the entire game. He'll get shut down the the NFL.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

[​IMG]

This is my guy.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Would you expand on your opinion of Dareus?

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I would be a very happy camper if we go with Prince Amukamara in round 1 and Marvin Austin in round 2. We can grab a QB in free agency or trade a 3rd-4th for one.

8. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

There will be.
    IMO Prince, Petersen, Fairley, Dareus, Bowers, Miller, Quinn
    Thats seven right there, + AJ Green and Gabbart will prob go before 8.

Sorry Rolltide gotta disagree.
    I would rather take Newton than Jones at 8. At least its a position of serious need. I have big hopes for D.Williams next year, I thought he was excellent in his limited playing time this year, Cook running what 4.59?? can play slot and we have Washington and Britt and Gage and Hawk.Hell, we dont need a reciever in the offseason nevermind at number 8 in one of the deepest defense drafts in recent memory.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

The odds are pretty heavy that we won't know who the veteran QB will be. We can't sign or trade until the CBA gets worked out, and the odds aren't particularly great that that will happen before the draft.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Right. He only started from day one as a freshman and produced every year. Because he was hyped as rivals top WR in 2008 he couldn't sneak up on anybody from his first game teams were treating him as a #1 WR.

I guess catching 78 passes in a season where he broke an arm is not impressive at all. :rolleyes:

He had one game in 3 seasons that went wthout a catch. He is actually still getting better.

When he was still in high school he could do 13 reps and could dead lift 500 lbs. That was before 3 seasons in one of the nations best strength programs. He is the definition of a beast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar