Who could the Titans get in FA *wide receiver*

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, i'd rather sign haynesworth and bironas than a mid-level WR.

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Take into account that the Giants have Brandon Jacobs, Plaxico Burress, Hixson, Smith, Boss and company to throw to...

whereas we have Gage, the always reliable J.Mac, the always reliable Alge Crumpler, Scaife, Brandon Jones, and thats about it...so most of our yards and catches are going to Gage....

I definately would welcome Toomer

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sorry but Hixon, Smith and Boss are no different than Jones, Gage and Scaife. Brandon Jacobs is great but so is our run game.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

jacobs, hixon and boss have combined for 68 catches.
    scaife, mccariens and jones have combined for 123. nevermind chris johnson and alge crumpler who chip in another 62.
    justin gage is the team's fourth leading reciever.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Gage has like 10 more yards...as our NUMBER ONE. lol Toomer is what? The #2-3 for the Giants?
    Gage is no number 1 receiver. He's a solid #2, and Toomer is better and much more consistent.

Gage is no better than Drew Bennett.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And neither is Toomer.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes. Because Toomer can actually catch. CONSISTENTLY. Something neither of the other 2 can do. Toomer also runs better routes than Gage.
    Be a homer all you wish though. You're the guy that's argued that we didn't need receivers in the draft, fowler was a great pickup, and Mike Reinfeldt is a genius on draft day.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

God bless you, Gloat. Today you are the voice of reason

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's not Homerism, it's simple truth. Toomer is a #2 plain and simple. He posts mid level numbers his entire career and the Giants thought so much of him they signed Plaxico.

I never argued any of those things either. You just assumed because I take a 'wait and see' approach.
    But hey, lie all you want if it helps you feel better about being wrong (yet again).

And you're the one who argued Mario Manningham would be a first round pick, Chad Johnson was done (during the time he posted his best season), and Donte Stallworth is worth a 7 year $36 million contract.

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Last time I checked, one year ago Toomer was a pro bowler...and J. Mac was on the streets

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar