White to Play First Game in Hometown

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Second-round draft pick LenDale White returns to his hometown Saturday night when the Titans play the Broncos. White has put the fight which resulted in him being suspended last week behind him and Coach Jeff Fisher feels he is refocused. "It is a matter of putting it in perspective, putting it behind him and moving on," Fisher said. "And the best way to do that is to do things right on the field, be productive, and be that back we drafted him to be. And, of course, continue to work inside the building. I believe it is behind him. I believe he is refocused." The 6-foot-1, 230-pound White is blessed with quick feet and good hands. He's shown the ability to separate from defenders quickly. "He kind of reminds me of Corey Dillon, a young Corey Dillon, with the attitude and the flair and the power he possesses," LB Keith Bulluck said. "He's not afraid to lower his shoulder. He's not scared to look up a linebacker, a safety, a cornerback, whoever it is. He is young now, and once he understands what it takes to be the best in this league, what he wants to be, I think he'll be great."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

It'll be interesting to see where he's at with all the time he's missed in camp. I don't really expect much I must admit. However against 2nd/3rd stringers he could tear it up if he's just somewhat in shape.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

how many days has he actually practiced so far?

4. Louisiana Titan

Louisiana Titan Camp Fodder

I think he'll have a great showing, but a comparison to Corey Dillion remains to be seen.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I thought that was a reach as well.

White has the attitude and possibly the talent but I don't know if he has the desire to improve himself we've seen in Dillion. Time will tell.

6. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

I can almost put money on it that he has a big game against the broncos on sat. For some reason i think he will do great.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Seems a bit early for that.

8. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

ehh your prob right

9. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Why does the article say he will start? Is he our starting RB for Saturday? That seems unlikely.

10. NYTitansFan

NYTitansFan Guest

yeah for sat. he will start

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar