White Ready to Improve on Last Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because the market is inflated and average players are getting above average money?

2. Bobo

Bobo Guest

A normal offense? Regardless of the passing game, I think our o-line was above average last year, he just wasn't good enough to take full advantage of it. Maybe the knee slowed him down, maybe extra weight did too.

Better performance will be needed at some point....without excuses.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

No that is an explanation why a certain player is over paid but that particular team thought he was worth it.

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo if you think our team passing rating and TD to int ratio was normal than you are misinformed.

I'm not making excuses for lendale either just breaking down how he can do better. He did fine as it is.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention. Bettis in his absolute prime had seasons where he averaged 3.2, 3.5, 2 seasons at 3.6 and 2 seasons at 3.8. I guess he wasn't good enough either..

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Where did I even hint at anything like that? Oh but we all know your word twisting games.

The point is he had holes a good o-line made for him last year and he couldn't hit them quickly. He looked really slow last year. Yes I've already figured out the reasons anyone could hope for improvement, he'll just have to do it.

This isn't about Bettis, this is about what I saw with my own two eyes (and others eyes saw the same thing). I'd be fine with him being a long term answer at RB, but I would want a significant improvement from last year if he's to be that guy.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Ummm, yea. Bettis hasn't seen 250 since college.

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

His lack of discipline at least partially contributed to his knee problem. How could it not?

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

exactly.

i don't see how someone can accept a professional athlete being out of shape every year. if you think less fat and more muscle would not help his game, then there is no point in even debating this.

he doesn't need to look like eddie george, but he SHOULDN'T look like sherman klump either.

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Not to mention that he was always facing eight or nine in the box. We (media as well) always talk about Vince needing more playmakers. Well so does Lendale. One decent pass threat, and White could have had an amazing season last season, even on his injured knee. I'm not sure we could have expected more from him.

10. reo

reo Starter

That's one of the most absurd/overly stated myths I've ever heard. Go back and watch the games. They didn't play to stop LW b/c they didn't have to. They knew they could play the pass and since LW was so slow they could get to him before he got many yards. It was a big reason as to why our redzone offense was horrible. They could stop other things 1st b/c they could get to LW before he gain anything decent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar