White Ready to Improve on Last Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I like White I just think their should be a compliment to him. Like CJ. White can pound the ball and CJ can go outside.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Another interesting thing.

Bettis was listed at 5'11 252 in his career. Nobody cared.

Lendale white is 6'1 but if he weighs 252 he is a fatass.

Lendale white gets his yardage consistently and gets it the tough way. He is not some dredlocked sissy boy who fumbles the ball at the very hint of contact and makes a dash for the sideline everytime things get tough.

Kerry rhodes of the jets is one of the better safeties in this league. Ask him about lendale if he can even remember getting his clock cleaned.. Rhodes tried to fill the hole and ended up face down.

I thought titan fans liked a big back a back who pounds the rock. Some of you guys changed your minds..

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He's a good RB but not for VY. VY has no playmakers. CJ should change that. Simply giving the ball to LW and him running the ball up the middle kind of gets old on the offensive stand point. IMO a good RB should be a guy who can go in or outside and can catch the ball effectively. A little bit of speed would be nice also.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The idea of a complimentary back.

I could care less. Give me lendale, duckett and dayne and i will win games. Opposing linebackers and safeties wouldn't care for it though.

Need a guy who can line up outside and catch passes? Sure they are called wide receivers.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that's why ron dayne isn't on a team and tj duckett is third on the depth chart in seattle.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:barf:

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

The only thing I worry about with Len is longevity. A lot of big backs don't last too long (despite early success). Butts, Means, Morris, Pete Johnson.... I think Bettis is a real exception to the rule when it comes to the shelf life of the big back. I'm thinking that LenDale will be entering the last year of his contract next season, and might start moaning about it. If LenDale has a great season this year (which I think he should), should the Titans offer to "re-up" or is it hardball and he goes into 2009 season playing out the final year of his rookie deal? Honestly I love the big dude, but I doubt I'd be willing to invest much in him beyond 2010. Possibly the reason the Titans took a back in the first round in 08.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what you are getting at is that vince isn't as good as steve mcnair so he needs something special and different than a power back?

Our runningbacks caught 35 passes last year. That was good enough for me..

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

If seattle thinks so little of duckett than why did they give him a $2.5M a year contract?

I thought they were stupid because they already had morris and duckett and then spend big money($3M a year) on julius jones.

My guess is that they were used to spending heavy at that position with alexander and fiqure that the combined abilities of those 3 guys will make up for it. Morris the starter, jones the 3d down back and duckett the power guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar