White Ready to Improve on Last Season

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: LenDale White looks to be in better shape entering this season and no longer has the pain that lingered in his left knee last season and eventually led to arthroscopic surgery in January. "I’m excited to be healthy," White said. "When you’re playing a little bit hurt, you play timid sometimes." He is looking to improve on a 1,110 yard, seven TD season by starting out strong. Last year, White didn't log a 100-yard game until late October. "The goal is reachable," White said of surpassing last season’s rushing total. "We just have to do it."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

1300 yards or bust!

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think it all hinges on how healthy he stays and how much improved Young and passing game is.

4. he could really be a huge player if he wanted to

5. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

He already is a huge player! That's his problem. Hopefully, he'll get in shape before the season.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

.....too easy

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I wish we got Michael Turner. I like White but I'll never believe he's our franchise RB.

8. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Turner is the Matt Schaub of running backs... no thanks.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Funny since he plays for the Falcons now.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

There is not a damn thing wrong with lendale white. Despite getting little support from our passing game and having an injured wheel he gave us 1100 yards. In a normal offense he would be a solid 4 yard a carry guy.

I could care less what he looks like in a speedo.

Note that jerome bettis had 6 seasons out of his first 10 when he averaged less than 4 yards carry.

Bettis 92-2002..average season

288 carries.....1152 yards...4 ypc.....6tds

Lendale in 07..... 303 carries...1110 yards...3.7 ypc...7tds

But bettis is a sure fire HOFer and lendale a POS? Look like the same guy. And actually bettis got a great deal of his stats in 3 big years. Take out his 3 biggest seasons and this is what his average was in the other 7.

269 carries.....999 yards....3.6ypc......5.2 TDs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar