White Possibly Inactive Sunday Due to Ankle Injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

White is gonna have to learn how to run in the NFL...He's a wide open, hit with everything you got kinda runner...That's good as far as it goes. But there's an art in learnig how to hand out the punishment rather than take it.

One of the (many) things that made Eddie George so good was he hurt you when you tackled him.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I wish people would stop using Eddie as a comparison, because there won't be another Eddie. While he may not be a HoF'er (I don't know if he will or not, I don't care much for the HoF) he was a very special player and they don't come around very often.

However, BP, you have to acknowledge the irony of the situation where many fans on this board wanted us to dump Brown, cos now the great saviour Lendale White had arrived, yet so far he's seen more time with trainers than with a football.

3. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

"Real" men? You sound bitter, take a break, log off. Have you ever played on a bad hamstring or a bad ankle; it's not easy, and certainly not smart in this situaion. Sounds soft to you? Injuries happen; for four years at USC, while taking the majority of the carries mind you, this hamstring injury that occured in the offseason was his first significant ding. That isn't soft, it's called playing the game of football, and injuries happen. This has nothing to do with being soft, it has everything to do with being smart. We have two very capable backs that could play, who are healthy and ready to go. Why risk it? You seem to have an agenda against White, otherwise, you should have more logic then this, because I know you're an intelligent poster on this board.

4. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

5. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

We have 3 backs right now that could probably start in the NFL. Henry and Brown already have proven that they can. Why rush LW. If we want this guy for the long haul why prolong his injury when he can sit. Yeah we want guys to be tough and play for us but what help will it do if he has a lingering injury that slows him for half the season because we rushed him back? It may not even be his choice.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

fact is, he probably wouldnt have played much aside from special teams anyway. it's pretty hard to keep three tailbacks and a fullback active.

7. If he is injured than rest him, nuff said.

8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

There is no point in playing him if he is hurt, we don't want to make the injury worse.

9. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

okay i say we just try to get Adrian Peterson next year or something that'll solve everything, ill tell my friend (JC Watts' son) to put in a good word for us...

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

even if we had #1 pick I don't think we'd take Peterson.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar