White Plans on Being Future Starter at RB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, i dont remember him missing any games either. i dont watch much USC football, but im sure there would have been a big stink about it, especially when they were competing for national titles.

he needs to start working out with travis. travis didnt think the offseason program was enough, so he went and worked out with one of his buddies from UT.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

you dont find a "compliment" running back in the first round, that's when you find the franchise guys. you find the compliment backs on the second day.

3. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Am I the only one who watched for LenDale during the regular season? You can tell the talent and drive is there, the way he moves his feet and fight for the extra yardage. He gives an amazing second effort similar to Travis Henry. I believe him, I think he will work his butt off and get into shape and eventually become our franchise RB.

And to the Gloat: He probably doesn't look bigger than henry because they are almost the same build when you look at them proportionally. Henry is 5' 9'' but he packs about 215 pounds on to that, similar to Ladanian Tomlinson's size. But LenDale is about 6' 1'' or 6' 2'' and packs about 235 pounds onto his frame, similar to Larry Johnson's build. LenDale has been known to pack over 240 pounds though, like he was in the Rose Bowl.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Eddie George was overheard talking to Lendale and said, "you look like you like to eat!" From what I understand, Eddie was going to take Lendale under his wing and help him get into shape. It's no secret that Lendale isn't a working out kind of guy. He had his various injuries as an excuse to keep him doing any serious working out. Vince and some others on the team aren't big on working out a lot, they do the minimal required. However, Vince has the body type that allows him to remain slim, despite his workout habits.

I have a friend who eats pan pizza, french fries and every other junk food item on a daily basis, doesn't work out and continues to weigh 104 lbs.! However, if I don't exercise every day I turn into a chubby little piglet. I don't always have the motivation to exercise, so I have to gulp down the Slimfasts to preserve my sexy. I'm trying very hard to fall in love with running. Moral of my story, Lendale is going to have to either fall in love with running or gulp down the Slimfasts! Right now, he's a chubby big piglet!

There was only one Bus. Jerome Bettis was a one of a kind. And even he was often seen on the sidelines with an oxygen mask on, after big plays. Lendale has the potential to do big things. I don't understand why he won't take advantage of the help Steve Watterson would provide him.

5. i watched for him all the time cause i always wanted to see him do something, and i dont think that speed is a problem because i remember one game when he cutback and took off the oppossite side and had a huge gain

6. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

LOL, if you look at hesters returns, they are just straight line sprints because of great blocking, with pacman he breaks alot of tackles and almost always has a chance to take a kick back.

7. hester wouldnt do crap here

8. Lumebray

Lumebray Virtus Et Honor

yea, idk but henry has a long term contract now lendale might be thinking he is just the back-up but it will eventually turn out to be a cedric benson-thomas jones kida thing. lendale will slowly take more and more carries and henry less.

9. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Do you have an eyesight problem? Travis is "listed" at 5'9 and Lendale is listed at 6'1. I have seen them standing next to one another and Lendale is very much taller than Travis.

Also, Travis is ripped.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Travis Henry has averaged a career 4.1 ypc (3.4 as a rookie) and Lendale is 4.0 as a rookie. Eddie George was 4.1 as a rookie.I saw nothing but potential greatness. The real question is can he carry the load. But he's not some frail rb. He's got a lot of meat on the bones. He should not be injury prone. And he has proven he can play at stubby weights. There are stubby rb's in the nfl. And there have been several very good ones. Contrast that with Vince Young's gazelle like style, and you have a terrific combination.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar